Milano shorts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SXS524

Coach
Gymnast
So I was about to order some milano velour shorts from the milano website, but before I order them I just wanted to check that there's no where else that sells them any cheaper? I would buy shorts from the zone, as they're cheaper, but I find they tend to roll up a lot!

Thanks!

cant help as I make my own ! P&F got given some off fleebay and they don't fit so well as they are two piece construction. The ones I make her are 4 piece and so are more tailored.

We've had problems with Zone ones rolling up too. I gave up on those.

Milano are good and fit well and stay put.

The only other thing I would suggest is trying ebay, either for second hand milano ones or for made up ones. I had a pair made for dd a year or so ago, with her name on, and they have been great - lasted well and fit really nicely. Problem is that all our kids are different shapes, so what fits one well might not be right for another...

Btw way (sorry to hijack the thread) I hope you are ok there Margo. Your side of the country is getting quite a battering today! We had a few problems with power and lost telephone and internet over Christmas, but not the wind speeds forecast for your area today...

Its grim - rabid hail this morning, standing water everywhere, surge expected at lunchtime - luckily we are high up above a valley, but work is low lying and looking bad

Wow those shorts are nice Margo! I'm assuming it probably works out cheaper to make shorts as well as being able to personalise them.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try ebay but can't find any in the right size from milano so think I'm just going to have to buy them off the website.

We have problems with the Milano velour ones riding up here. The edge of the legs seems to be too wide and roll up somehow. Lately DD has just given up wearing shorts because her Zone lycra ones have a hole in the back and I haven't got round to seeing if they are sewable. You might have just prompted me to go and do it now.
I say if you have found brand that fits, stick with it as you will get enough wear over time to justify the extra cost.

Unless Margo wants a new sideline....or to let us know where to find the 4-piece pattern?!

I make them too. If I have time I do make them to sell- reasonably cheap as I buy seconds and off cuts of fabric. Advantage being I can adjust the leg length for the individual, some prefer them a bit longer so they don't ride up. Although with mainstream brands I find if they are riding up they're too big, so it might be worth sizing down.

I use a pattern from an etsy seller in Australia. Tumblentwirl I think. Cheap, she just e-mails you the pattern and instructions, you print it off on A4, tape it together and go from there. It's a really easy pattern- two pieces, stitch together, hem legs and elastic on the waist.

The pattern Margo has is a Jalie pattern for those interested :).

I do make them for £10 + whatever postage is.

Mine are difficult to Bling unless you do it on the waistband as the velour is a nice quality and the crystals don't stick to the pile. The pattern is a bit higher (waist high, not hipsters) than some of the ebay ones and as Faith says I use the Jalie patterns.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back