WAG minimum score for new L4 to qualify for state championships?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Peasmama

Proud Parent
I'm wondering what the minimum score is to qualify for state championships, L4, JO. I thought I saw it somewhere when I was first looking up something on the new level system. I don't know where I saw it. Anybody know?

If it's anything like years past your state sets the "states" score, and it varies widely from state to state even within the same region. You could start by looking at the qualifying score for last season's Level 5 State Meet for your state as a guideline. Not sure, it may change this season. Depends on your state board/committee as they set the minimum score, and I think from year to year it can change. Check your state's website.

It definitely varies by state. Some states, like the one I live in, don't go by score at all. They have a meet that qualifies you to state. You need to finish in a particular rank like top 10. So that could be a 37 for one age group and a 34 for another age group. Or you could score 38's all season and then have a bad day and miss qualifying that day. So you would need to look at your particular state.

It definitely varies by state. Some states, like the one I live in, don't go by score at all. They have a meet that qualifies you to state. You need to finish in a particular rank like top 10. So that could be a 37 for one age group and a 34 for another age group. Or you could score 38's all season and then have a bad day and miss qualifying that day. So you would need to look at your particular state.

Thanks for the responses. I'm in NorCal . I didn't know about the variation by state. That's not so great for continuity between regions and across the nation, is it? Perhaps the reason there is a need for varying scores, amongst age groups, etc. is because otherwise they might not have enough people in the age group for states?

Qualification to 2013 Fall State Championships
ablbull1.gif
Level 3 Qualification to North or South State Championships
o 34.50 All Around at a USAG sanctioned meet in Region 1
o Guarantee 360 athletes
ablbull1.gif
Level 4 Qualification to State Championship
o 34.50 All Around at a USAG sanctioned meet in Region 1
o Guarantee 360 athletes
ablbull1.gif
Level 5 Qualification to State Championship
o 33.00 All Around at a USAG sanctioned meet in Region 1