Parents More pratice time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

patches lee

Proud Parent
The new HC has changed pratice times, days, and how the girls are seperated. Before DD only got 1 hour a week pratice grouped with 5-6 year olds learning level 1 and 2 skills. And I'd let her go to open gym twice a week for 2.5 more hours cause she loves to be there. The new pratice times give her twice a week an hour each, learning level 1. Second day optional, not divided by age just skill. So that makes my life easier with only 1 day open gym and more time with an experienced coach. The only problem I've ran across is right now she wants to be on the team when she gets that far. But the pratice times for team would put her 20 minutes late every pratice during school. Where she goes to school is in another district 14 miles from the gym and my work. I don't want to burst her bubble and tell her she won't be able to do team and her just give up just because of that. It's actually helped alot with her doing crazy stuff at home now that she's in it. She still tries stuff on the floor but she's not flipping off the bunk bed or couch now she has the gym. I just hear everyday if its Monday again yet lol

I don't know about your gym, but in our gym practice times change every year. Last year DD's practice started at 4:00, this years it's 3:30, which is a bit challenging, since she comes home from school at 3:00, and the gym is 15 minutes away. We also have some girls who always come in 15 minutes late, I guess also because of the school schedule, and the coaches are fine with that.
My point is, the team practice time might change next year, or you might decide to switch the gym all together, or you might find some other ways to make it work. Most of us here do. You don't give up just because of the schedule. Good luck! :)

Theres only 2 gyms in the area, the other has worn equipment. DD's grandma offered to drive her to pratice if she wants to keeps going. So at least I've got a great mom who will help out. We'll see where it goes.

Also, you might be able to carpool. Don't worry about it yet, but there are lots of options.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back