WAG Most Overplayed Floor Music (2024)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jm_gymmom

Proud Parent
Found an older thread on this topic…thought we could give it at 2024 update ;)

Name a floor music/artist/etc. that you feel is overplayed and super popular. DD looking for something new and can’t decide AT ALL. But she doesn’t want to have the same thing as everyone. So I thought we’d start with what to eliminate lol.

On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez

Taylor Swift Mashups

A Friend Like Me from Aladdin

Angi Cirpa Floor Musics (Mostly 2015 and 2016)

Skeletons/Animals Remix

Confident by Demi Levato

You might already know this but gymfloormusix YouTube channel has a bunch of music, you can also just look up floor music on YouTube which will give you an endless amount of options, I think you just need to keep looking until you find the perfect one. I also agree with @Mthegymqueen on those overused musics.

You might already know this but gymfloormusix YouTube channel has a bunch of music, you can also just look up floor music on YouTube which will give you an endless amount of options, I think you just need to keep looking until you find the perfect one. I also agree with @Mthegymqueen on those overused musics.
Yes, we’ve listened to pretty much near all of them lol!
Daughter was compulsory last year so didn’t get to go to many meets to see what was popular & overplayed so was hoping to hear from y’all.

In Level 7 this season there was a lot of dramatic "going to war" music (rhythmic drums, moody lulls, inspirational crescendos). Also have heard a good sampling of 80s music compilations--always a crowd favorite. The penchant for Eastern European-inspired floor music seems to be waning. I also didn't hear too much classical/ballet sounding music.

One way to get something a little different is to put anything they really like into spotify playlist and then see what is suggested based on current choices, constantly remove/add so this list updates. Ripping from youtube you are going to be have the exact same cut as everyone else, at least go back to the original and create your own unique cut.
For a special athlete who can perform, go to the effort of getting something unique, I personally feel there are so many easy ways to find music these days it is lazy and boring to solely rely on someone else's youtube edits for good performers - by all means use it for average performers - but find something special for those kids who are going to shine.

One way to get something a little different is to put anything they really like into spotify playlist and then see what is suggested based on current choices, constantly remove/add so this list updates.
My mind is blown! What a great (and relatively easy) way to get outside of the box so to speak.

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back