WAG Moving to South Korea- need help with gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnewbie

Proud Parent
We are moving to South Korea- my daughter is a Level 6 and will be moving to Level 7 after states. Her gym uptrains so a lot of the skills the do for Level 6 are Level 7 skills at other gyms.

She is heavily invested in gymnastics and I have had no luck in finding anything on artistic gymnastics in South Korea, most is rhythmic gymnastics.

Does anyone know how the gymnastics community works there? Are there individual clubs/gyms/schools?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Are you guys military? maybe you can ask around at the family support group tone if anyone knows? are there any family online boards you can ask before you move? I'd that doesn't work and you can't find anything maybe you can find someone who speaks Korean and they can help you?

I'm from South Korea :D Well, I was adopted and am in the US now.... no suggestions for gyms but have fun!

Are you guys military? maybe you can ask around at the family support group tone if anyone knows? are there any family online boards you can ask before you move? I'd that doesn't work and you can't find anything maybe you can find someone who speaks Korean and they can help you?
Thanks yes working with some friends there, but not having much luck! Thanks for the ideas!

South Korea competes in FIG meets, so the national federation would be a good place to start. If you don't have any luck googling the national federation, FIG (federation Internationale de Gymnastique) should have contact info on their site.

South Korea competes in FIG meets, so the national federation would be a good place to start. If you don't have any luck googling the national federation, FIG (federation Internationale de Gymnastique) should have contact info on their site.
Thanks!

Great point but you got me thinking

So does North Korea - Chalkbuket parent challenge 2015 - get gymnastics club contacts in North Korea :)

Unfortunately, there are really no artistic gyms in South Korea like in the US. The Korean National Sports University in Seoul does have a program but it's not expat friendly. Actually, it's not really even child friendly. My info is current as of last fall.
The MWR did have a little rec team/class run by a former gymnast mom. Certainly not competitive. She also does cheer classes.
It's a lovely country for adults but if USAG track gym is important to your family, you might want to ask for an alternative assignment. PM me if you want and I can perhaps answer other questions. Japan does have some good gym choices for expats depending on your duty station.

Unfortunately, there are really no artistic gyms in South Korea like in the US. The Korean National Sports University in Seoul does have a program but it's not expat friendly. Actually, it's not really even child friendly. My info is current as of last fall.
The MWR did have a little rec team/class run by a former gymnast mom. Certainly not competitive. She also does cheer classes.
It's a lovely country for adults but if USAG track gym is important to your family, you might want to ask for an alternative assignment. PM me if you want and I can perhaps answer other questions. Japan does have some good gym choices for expats depending on your duty station.

actually, there are a couple. i pm'd her the info. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back