Parents My kid has no taste. Ramblings of a CGM.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

needcoffee

Proud Parent
Why oh why, when buying new Leo's, must my kid adore the most ugliest ones to choose from!? So many nice designs, yet she loves the ones that make me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

When choosing what to wear to gym from the ginormous selection in her closet, she chooses the multi coloured leopard print monstrosity that I got out of the $9 bargain bin. Whilst the gorgeous cirque du Soleil GK's still have their tags on....

The only thing to do is take up gymnastics myself so I can choose the ones I like. :p

Anyone else's kid have no taste?!

DD and I have similar tastes in leotards but she does reject some that I think are gorgeous because they are "itchy". I spent a fortune on a light blue and silver leotard as a surprise and I was sure she would love it. Nope. I nagged her over that stupid leotard for months before I just accepted the fact that she just wasn't going to wear it.

I just had to force my kid to get new ones. Nothing fancy and it was whhhyyyy to I have to pick 4. Ummm cause in case they don't have your size. I was hoping to get 2

I remind myself I don't wear them. And she must swear she will before I buy

Why oh why, when buying new Leo's, must my kid adore the most ugliest ones to choose from!? So many nice designs, yet she loves the ones that make me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

When choosing what to wear to gym from the ginormous selection in her closet, she chooses the multi coloured leopard print monstrosity that I got out of the $9 bargain bin. Whilst the gorgeous cirque du Soleil GK's still have their tags on....

The only thing to do is take up gymnastics myself so I can choose the ones I like. :p

Your daughter is unique. Embrace it.

4 years ago, my DD (then 7), went to Woodward and came home with a $50.00 shiny gold, brown, and black snakeskin Leo. It was so hideous, it was funny! What can I say, the clothes don't matter, the attitude does!

Mine goes for comfort not fashion.And she's 13 so I find this very odd...

I stopped buying her leos on impulse. The neighbor girl had most of those because she won't wear them. She likes the ones she gets at meets. And when she really, really needs a new one, she asks for one.

There was a copy at gk she wanted the one aly wore at worlds? I think. Very patriotic. I bought it and had it blinged out by our local stone mistress.it's super sparkly and pretty and she loves it... But she made me buy her specific nude undergarments because it is mostly white. Until I did that, she wouldn't wear it. So...$30 underwear, $30 Leo...$20 bling...yeah...I really really got taken there...

I have found that if there is an actual leo I think would be great for my kid to have (meaning it is on clearance on one of the websites I haunt for deals), that she will embrace wearing them if, er, they come from Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and even, yes, the Lebrechaun.
Once she stops believing, then I know I will have issues....bahaha

LOL!

My DD also ranks comfort over fashion, but if she doesn't think it's cute enough, it won't go on her body. And she'd wear the same three in constant rotation if I didn't (purposefully) stop washing them immediately after wearing. She LOVES GK's sublimated leos, and usually refuses to wear a good 1/4 of the "other" ones.

When Plum came out with their most recent line, I was on my sixth favorite one before she agreed to it. :rolleyes: I did not like ANY of her top three favorites (too grown up, not 'cute' at all, sniff, sniff).

She's like this with her regular clothes, too. We just tackled her closet/dresser and she pulled out a couple dozen tops that still fit, but she refuses to wear. Sigh. So hard to buy new stuff when all that crap still fits her and at her age (pushing 12), I KNOW she won't be in her current size all that much longer! /EndMiniRantSoSorry

I got a couple of years of being able to choose beautiful leotards for my daughter. Then she turned seven.

Now we compromise and I select a range that are acceptable to me in design, price and easy maintenance (no hand washing here!) and she chooses her favourite out of those. And she won't even choose a leotard these days, she chooses a crop top set.

I am shopping online for a winter leotard right now and we haven't had any luck yet because nothing has appeared that suits both of us. Luckily there is no sign of it turning cold any time soon.

This thread makes me feel blessed to have a daughter who values my opinion when it comes to fashion. LOL! She thinks something is way cuter if Li think it's cute too. She's still only 7 so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

I never buy unless she picks it out!
My feeling is she is wearing it not me!

If she picks an ugly one, and its $70, that's where I draw the line. I will only spend up to $40 on ugly ones, lol! I would spend $70 on a pretty one though, but we absolutely do not have the same taste. Hence, I don't spend much anymore on leos. I figure since I pay, I have a say!

The hideous leopard print monstrosity is today's choice again. Is it cruel that I want to stop washing it until she's worn all the ones I like? :D

she's a hippie! :)

Thankfully mine likes cute leos, but everyday clothing is a challenge... thankfully school is uniforms. But two noteworthy things:
  • On her top three favorite things about Charleston Cup... Hotel was across the street from a Justice outlet.
  • She had a pair of 24mo pajama pants that she wore until she was 8... the transitioned from capris, to board shorts, to shorts, to wayyy to small.

Thankfully mine likes cute leos, but everyday clothing is a challenge... thankfully school is uniforms. But two noteworthy things:
  • On her top three favorite things about Charleston Cup... Hotel was across the street from a Justice outlet.
  • She had a pair of 24mo pajama pants that she wore until she was 8... the transitioned from capris, to board shorts, to shorts, to wayyy to small.

This made me laugh...my 8 year old has what started out as a spaghetti strap nightgown at the age of 2, that she now still wears regularly, with shorts, as a cropped night shirt. It may go with her to college if she has a say!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back