WAG Name that pain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If you haven't, take her in and have it checked. My DD had a similar pain and I used Dr. Google as well and came up with the same information. She finally saw the sports medicine doc after waiting unsuccessfully for the pain to go away. She had an MRI and it was discovered that her hamstring had torn. It hadn't healed properly and she ended up having an expensive PRP injection which helped but did not completely heal the tendon. She still has a small tear that will likely remain. If it had been discovered earlier, she may have had a better shot at completely healing it. It's really not worth it to wait (and I can tell you about how bad Sever's can be if not treated properly. I thought it was pretty benign expect for the pain until she also ended up in a boot for 6 weeks because of it.)

I would still take her to a great sports orthopaedic doctor. DD had hamstring pain and a year later was diagnosed with a back stress fracture...old one...doc said sometimes back issues present themselves as leg/hamstring pain...

Reactions: sce
I would still take her to a great sports orthopaedic doctor. DD had hamstring pain and a year later was diagnosed with a back stress fracture...old one...doc said sometimes back issues present themselves as leg/hamstring pain...

Appointment made. Couldn't get in right away so it will be almost 2 weeks.

Here's hoping for a miraculous recovery in the meantime!

I'm trying to consult Dr. Google about pain my daughter has been experiencing the last few weeks and just can't seem to narrow it down to the correct muslces. She's discussed it with the coaches and they are modifying activity with this injury in mind, but I still like to do my own "investigating."

So, when I ask her where it hurts, she points to her lower, inner buttock. Switch leaps really exacerbate it as well as just kicking her leg. It has been bothering her for at least 3 weeks.

I'm just confused which muscles this likely involves. I always think of hip abductors as causing frontal pain.

Anyone have guesses or want to ask more questions to help identify where the problem may be? THANKS! :)

My dd had ischial apophysitis at the beginning of last summer. No impact or stretching for 3 week. She recovered nicely.

My dd had ischial apophysitis at the beginning of last summer. No impact or stretching for 3 week. She recovered nicely.
Oh, so good to hear! Thanks for sharing about your daughters experience with a positive outcome.

Just picked DD up from practice and coach told her today since it wasn't improving yet that starting next week she isn't allowed to do anything that hurts it. For example, she had been modifying by not been doing switch leaps or certain stretches or splits on the bad leg side, but was still doing things like BHS. The spreading of her legs in BHS is uncomfortable though, so she will now be cutting everything out that is even slightly uncomfortable.

So, looks were moving into a total avoidance plan at this point which I'm relieved to hear.

Reactions: sce
Oh, so good to hear! Thanks for sharing about your daughters experience with a positive outcome.

Just picked DD up from practice and coach told her today since it wasn't improving yet that starting next week she isn't allowed to do anything that hurts it. For example, she had been modifying by not been doing switch leaps or certain stretches or splits on the bad leg side, but was still doing things like BHS. The spreading of her legs in BHS is uncomfortable though, so she will now be cutting everything out that is even slightly uncomfortable.

So, looks were moving into a total avoidance plan at this point which I'm relieved to hear.

Our hc made me take dd after 3 weeks of modified. I'm so glad I did! The ortho took x-rays, and said ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT OR STRETCHING for 3 weeks. She wouldn't even squat to tie her shoes. She did lots of turns and conditioning but not much else. Went for her recheck and was cleared. She hasn't had any problems since! Best wishes to your dd! It's hard to keep them down! If she will rest it, REALLY REST IT, then she will heal more quickly.

:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back