Parents NCAA Gymnastics Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
Thanks to all who encouraged me to take my DD's (ages 6 &10) to the Florida Alabama meet (Gators rolled the Tide :)). We just got back and had a blast. Girls got lots and lots of autographs and are already asking if we can go to the next meet in a couple of weeks. Free admission for 17 and under, $4 admission for me and free parking makes for a pretty fun evening with my girls. Just wish we would have been smart enough to eat before we got there. Guess we'll know for next time :)

Glad you had a great time! Yes, the food its expensive. That's how they make their money. And the choices aren't the best.....

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

That meet is on Cable in my neck of the woods. Looked like a lot of fun - and I guess Kytra Hunter is a big star! I'm sure it was a blast to watch in person! I'm inspired to take my DDs to a college meet myself! Thanks for posting!

We love watching NCAA meets! DD and teammates attended a quad meet last week where 2former teammates were competing (different teams) and they had a blast! We have another one coming up this month. We also try to find live Internet feeds when friends are competing!

Kytra Hunter was definitely a crowd favorite as was Marissa King. All of the girls waiting around for autographs just squealed when Ashanee Dickerson came out :). ALL of the gymnasts were so nice. Most signed every autograph and took every picture that was asked for, even though many of them were covered with ice, bandages and wraps. Kytra was even limping around in a "boot" after having competed in every event but she was just as friendly and gracious as could be!

:) $7.50 Domino's personal pan pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos and popcorn. All really over priced ($50 for myself and 4 girls to eat). But considering everything else was virtually free, I can't complain. Next time we know to eat before we go and just get some popcorn at the meet :)

There was food??? Not at our local college meets!

At our local college meet, they also run some USAG meets around home meets, so there's always food but our food pricing is not bad. Usually $1.50 for drink (soda, water, small Gatorade) and $2 for hot dog, pizza slice, $3 for sandwich (piece of a big sub cut up), $3-4 for bowl of pasta with meatball. $1 for chips and candy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back