New here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlymomof3

Proud Parent
Hi all,
I have been a regular on the Women's Artistic board but it looks like I will be switching to this one. Dd just quit gymnastics as a 10 year old Level 6 and is trying out competitive tumbling. Any other parents out there whose kids have switched over? I will miss seeing her compete all 4 events, but love having her home more instead of at the gym every day. For now she only has to go 2x/week for 3 hours total!! Would love to hear any experiences of other kids that have made the switch.

Welcome
Not much action over here. Lots of people seem to read though. I have a compulsory daughter turned T&T. She is 8 and just has Regionals to go for this season. The drop in hours was hard for her. She actually did Xcel at same time as T&T this year. This summer she will just do T&T. She will go round 9 hours a week. She really likes T&T and learning "cool new skills" :)

JMACAZ Dd's gym is starting an Xcel program in the fall and she might do that if she misses it too much. The increasing hours of optionals is what led her to quit as well as a high pressure coach so the Xcel program might be a good option. Right now she is really enjoying her down time and more time for friends so I am not sure if she will want to go back when the time comes!

My DD went from artistic rec classes (couldn't make team) to a T&T team. She absolutely loves it. She trains just 3.5 hours a week with team (actually less than she did rec classes!), plus a 2 hour open gym a week. She missed doing beam too much and started taking artistic rec classes again, though, and dance classes too. This board really is pretty slow. Hopefully if you have questions people will pop up. Good luck to your DD!

My Dd misses beam too! She says it is the thing she will miss most about quitting. I have to say it is the thing I will miss the least, haha :) Nice to know there are a few other t&t parents out there!

I have said beam is a 4-letter word at many gymnastics meets :) I do wish the tumbling in t&t was more like floor routines in gymnastics rather than just a sequence on a track. I will miss the excitement of helping Dd pick out her music and watching all the different routines!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back