MAG New quad Compulsory scoring now lower max?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
My edit got cut off . Im fine with kids who are indeed 5 but being able to compete yet; but this group if kids is getting screwed in the age thing. They now can't compete when USAG considers them 6; but on the other end, they can't do level 8 when they are 13 because USAG considers them 14 then.

Not really. If they are training already, they just skip 4. Do 5 the next year when they are 7. Do 5 when they are 7/8. 6 when they are 9. 7 at 10/11 8 at 12. etc. (or some variation of that ;) )

The kinks will work out, or they will make some changes.

That 5 minute edit thing makes me nuts.

Yes that is what I was thinking, what skschlag said. Early birds can skip 4, and even if they do not, their trajectory should be OK - if they are starting in gym so young it matters in the first place.

Level 4- actual age 6, comp age 7
Level 5- actual age 7 , comp age 8
Level 6- actual age 8, comp age 9
Level 7- actual age 9, comp age 10
Level 8- actual age 10, comp age 11.
So if I have that right, a boy of 6 with winter/spring Bday can start competing with level 4, repeat one compulsory level, not skip 7, and still be considered 12 at level 8.

I am not a fan of those upper age limits, do not get me wrong. I think they are too restrictive at best. But I was most strongly against kids starting team gym a year younger than before. I think that would only make the sport less accessible and less popular (if that is even possible.) So, I am very glad that is not the case.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back