New to Chalk Bucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Greetings! I'm new to the Chalk Bucket, but am an "old" gymnastics mom. My two DDs are 18 and 16,and both of them pretty much live gymnastics. Both girls have been in the gym nearly all their lives, and both have been competing Level 8 this year. Unfortunately, this past Friday Em, my younger daughter, hyperextended her right knee landing a full on floor and now is out for probably the next 6 months with a complete ACL tear. We go Monday to see the orthopedic surgeon about scheduling surgery to repair the tendon. I would love to hear from other gymnasts and their parents who have been through this and returned to competition. We know it is going to be a rough road ahead and would appreciate any hints to help ease her recovery.

Wow it's like your daughter and I are living parallel lives! Id too landed badly twisting on floor back in the fall/winter and it has taken this long to find out that I also have an acl tear. I am actually off to the ortho this morning to get things checked out and see about surgery.

I wish your daughter the best of luck, and I can fully understand what she's going through physically, mentally, and emotionally. If you or her ever wants to talk just PM me!

Also, welcome to the chalkbucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back