Parents Ortho appt yesterday for Beth

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Got in at the end of the day--once again we were the last one's in the doctor's office LOL! Not good news though--one of the breaks is possibly through her growth place--he thinks he foot might be done growing though, so it might be okay. The other two breaks are away from growth plates, but both are twisted out of position, so she has to have surgery! So much for our simply break--surgery Friday morning to "fix" the bones in place. He wants to do it externally, but if it doesn't work, he'll have to do it internally, with pins, possibly. She'll have a cast for two weeks (although her follow-up appointment is 10 days later, so maybe they'd take it off them?? Don't know!), then a boot for another two weeks. No gym moves at all with the cast on--maybe swinging with the boot and possibly back to working after the boot comes off (we'll see then).

So swiftly healing foot fairies still needed :)

I am so sorry that she has to have surgery and that it is not as simple as we had all hoped. Although, it still sounds like a fairly quick recovery time. 4 weeks, though I know it will drag for you guys. Last year at this time my gymmie was in a cast for 4.5 weeks and a brace for 4 more for a fractured growth plate in her wrist. I can relate to what you are going through.

UGH!! I am so sorry to hear about Beths Dr's appoitment. Set backs are always a drag but, at this time of year very heartbreaking for Beth.

I know the logical side of gym parents says "oh i am so glad we are fixing it and its not more serious." However, the other side says I am so sad for my gymnast and the loss of a seson or ppart of a season.

When my friends DD got hurt and was out all season. Her coacheslet her attend the in town meets and keep scores for girls. My friend says this helped her feel part of the team and not so out of touch and the loss of her season less painful.

Best wishes and healing prayers to Beth.

UGH!! I am so sorry to hear about Beths Dr's appoitment. Set backs are always a drag but, at this time of year very heartbreaking for Beth.

I know the logical side of gym parents says "oh i am so glad we are fixing it and its not more serious." However, the other side says I am so sad for my gymnast and the loss of a seson or ppart of a season.

When my friends DD got hurt and was out all season. Her coacheslet her attend the in town meets and keep scores for girls. My friend says this helped her feel part of the team and not so out of touch and the loss of her season less painful.

Best wishes and healing prayers to Beth.

Yeah, Beth will definitely be attending the in town meets. We would go cheer them on, if nothing else, but I've always seen the injured gymnast sitting with her teammates.

Praying for the external surgery to work and a speedy and complication free recovery for Beth.

awww man that sux poor kiddo and mom too!

at the beg of this year older dd just had achilies tendinits (Ok I cannot spell this) man that was hard so I cannot imagine what your poor dd is going thru

Ill be sending healing fairies to you!

Poor Beth, I hope for a very speedy recovery! The timing of her injury just stinks, but I hope she stays positive (I do believe that will aid in a quicker recovery - I'm weird like that). She can still go to the gym and condition and be with her friends! She will be back in no time and hopefully get a few meets in this season (regardless of level.) ;)

Best wishes!

Poor Beth. That really stinks to lose that practice time to move to L9.! Hopefully they are able to fix it externally and she heals very quickly!

Poor Beth, though four weeks is better than I imagined for her. Good luck for the surgery, and good luck keeping her amused for the next few weeks.

I am so sorry that she has to have surgery!!! Nothing is ever simple with gymnastics, is it???? Still, I'll be sending all the healing fairies your way. Good luck w/the surgery and I hope it's not so difficult to keep her "down"during this time!

Oh, goodness sakes! I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope everything goes well for Beth and that she heals quickly!

Here I was feeling sorry for my son who has to have 3 ingrown toenails removed tomorrow. He's on the high school swim team so he'll miss some of the practice over the holiday break but thankfully no meets.

Sending lots of good thoughts and well wishes her way and crossing my fingers that her foot has indeed alrady stopped growing and that the surgery goes well!

Hugs to you both :)

Sorry that it was worse than hoped for. I am glad it sounds like the surgery should heal relatively quickly and that she might get back in the gym after a few weeks. Sending her lots of healing vibes. It is so hard for them when they work so hard and then have to miss meets due to an injury. :( Hugs to you all.

So sorry to hear she has to have surgery! Tell her to keep her spirits up she will be flipping soon! Sending speedy foot healing fairies Beth's way!

Poor Beth! I hope the surgery went well! Maybe because part of the break is over Christmas and New Years it will make the time go faster!? Good luck!

Phooey! Hope Beth heals quickly and somehow keeps herself busy and amused with all the down time. We'll be thinking of Beth and your entire family!

YIKES! Sorry it was so complicated....it is so hard to keepa very active gymmie in a boot and not doing gymnastics. Maybe w/ the holiday break she can spend some time resting and with familiy and friends to keep mind off of it. My DD broke her heel last year and it wasn't easy to stick to the restrictions and miss meets. Sending your DD heathly and quick healing thoughts...and she'll be back it in no time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back