Parents Ozone Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
So let me start this by saying my daughter is the pickiest child imaginable with leotards. She won't wear Adidas because wherever the three stripes are sewn it pokes her and makes her itch. She won't wear 90% of the GK leotards because of how the fabric feels and her body type is all wrong for Snowflake leos.

The only brands she likes are Rebecca's Mom and Illusions because the material is soft and comfy. So I ran into the Ozone Leotard vendor recently and ordered one for my daughter and she absolutely LOVES this thing. It is completely seemless and tagless on the inside and the cut is great. She didn't pick her butt once or adjust her chest during practice which is practically miraculous for her. The leotard is relatively plain, but the design they put on it is fabulous and I swear multiple coaches have stopped her while she is wearing it to ask where she got it. It almost looks like a competition leo and it was $35 and is machine washable.

Their website is kind of awkward to negotiate through, but it was worth it to order several more for her. I think this company may be more well known on the east coast as I hadn't heard of them until spotting the booth, but I wanted to let my fellow parents on here who might not be familiar with them to know I give this company two thumbs up!

Thanks!! My DD is miserable in a Leo due to the seams, tags etc. A seamless Leo is her dream come true. I will be checking them out ASAP!!

The one we have is the nylon/lycra but I did order a misty today, so when it gets here I'll give another update. :)

are these ozone leos environmentally friendly and biodegradable? i sure hope they don't induce methane gas in the person wearing them cause i know that's a bad one...:)

I'm confused though. The leos in the gallery have been custom designed and are not ones you can order? Best I can tell, you choose the fabric color and then have two different configurations of rhinestones you can choose from? Some of the gallery ones are cool though... The wings and the flower vine... Is there a way to order those?

My daughter got a Ozone leo from the '11 Flip Fest competition (they are now sponsoring Flip Fest). I didn't pay close attention to it because my daughter isn't sensitive to these things. However, I will pass this along to one of the team moms whose daughter is extremely sensitive. Thanks for the info!

I'm pretty sure they were at YNats in Toledo this summer. They had a lot of different designs you could put on them, or you could get your name etc. We didn't buy one but they were cute!
So let me start this by saying my daughter is the pickiest child imaginable with leotards. She won't wear Adidas because wherever the three stripes are sewn it pokes her and makes her itch. She won't wear 90% of the GK leotards because of how the fabric feels and her body type is all wrong for Snowflake leos.

The only brands she likes are Rebecca's Mom and Illusions because the material is soft and comfy. So I ran into the Ozone Leotard vendor recently and ordered one for my daughter and she absolutely LOVES this thing. It is completely seemless and tagless on the inside and the cut is great. She didn't pick her butt once or adjust her chest during practice which is practically miraculous for her. The leotard is relatively plain, but the design they put on it is fabulous and I swear multiple coaches have stopped her while she is wearing it to ask where she got it. It almost looks like a competition leo and it was $35 and is machine washable.

Their website is kind of awkward to negotiate through, but it was worth it to order several more for her. I think this company may be more well known on the east coast as I hadn't heard of them until spotting the booth, but I wanted to let my fellow parents on here who might not be familiar with them to know I give this company two thumbs up!

dunno - too funny.

When my daughter was a level 4 and learning her back hip circle, she was trying so hard and ended up passing some "methane gas" as she went around. She got all embarrassed, but the coach said it was this "extra propulsion" that helped her get around ;-)

Dunno you are a hoot! I am now imagining them coming up with a jeweled little recycle logo... Those three arrows sure are pretty :p

For Mary A - Yes the website is confusing, definitely needs work. The wings were a custom design for a gym. I called about them because they looked so cool and she said it was something they could repeat but it wasn't a stock design so it would incur a set-up fee so not something you would want to pay just for a single leo. The flower vine is on there. When I first went I thought there were just two designs as well but there is a small scroll bar to the right in the design zone that will show you MOST of the options. I noticed there were only like 12 or 14 designs to choose from, but when you have a leo in your cart it shows all the options by name in a drop down menu.

dunno - too funny.

When my daughter was a level 4 and learning her back hip circle, she was trying so hard and ended up passing some "methane gas" as she went around. She got all embarrassed, but the coach said it was this "extra propulsion" that helped her get around ;-)

methane embarassment diffused!:)

Sounds like a great idea. That wedgie-less leo. My poor DD is always picking hers. When she was itty itty bitty (she is still itty..lol) she used to say she had a hungry butt because it tried to eat her leo..bahahahah

We purchased a Flip Fest leo made by Ozone. No tag is wonderful. Bella is also sensitive to fabrics. This is a shiny leo that she actually likes. I usually have to buy velvet leos. But she loves her FF leo and loves not having those scratchy seams and tags rubbing her skin.

But yeah, the website needs some major help.

That website is confusing! I think I may wait until the Flip Fest meet in January that DD will go to (which is now the Ozone Invitational). I'm sure that Ozone will have leos available there.

My daughter got a Ozone leo from the '11 Flip Fest competition (they are now sponsoring Flip Fest). I didn't pay close attention to it because my daughter isn't sensitive to these things. However, I will pass this along to one of the team moms whose daughter is extremely sensitive. Thanks for the info!

My daughter bought one of these when she went to the Flip Fest camp this summer. She wore it once at camp and hasn't worn it since. She liked the no tag thing, but other than that, she doesn't like the fit and says it feels tight even though she bought one size bigger. She picked a mystique fabric though which was probably a mistake. In general she doesn't like the way the mystique material feels so I was a little miffed when she came home with that particular leo.

My daughter has 2 Ozone leo's. They are not seamless - there is a seam down each side. But they are tagless, which is nice. The Ozone people market the sizing as being just like GK. I wouldn't entirely agree. While the sizing of the leo may be similiar, it's not quite just like GK - most noteable being the leg holes are definitely smaller. Which is probably why other posters have commented on the "no wedgies". Some of the girls in our gym absolutely hate the fit. My daughter is OK with it, although the leg holes do kind of mark up her legs from being on the tight side.

I'm still mad about the Leo from FF not being a FF Leo but was ugly and said ozone 2012 on them, so not inclined to give them my business yet. I know it's petty, but there are principles at stake here, People!! :)

I'm still mad about the Leo from FF not being a FF Leo but was ugly and said ozone 2012 on them, so not inclined to give them my business yet. I know it's petty, but there are principles at stake here, People!! :)

DD got hers a few months ago and I thought she would hate it since it didn't say Flip Fest. Instead, she loved it. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back