Parkette's Invitational - Schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Those of you who have attended this meet in years past, what kind of admission per day (or weekend pass) do they charge at (their gym) door and at the highschool for spectators?

For a big meet in the Philly area next year, I highly recommend "The Pink Meet". It's actually being held in center city Philly for the 1st time this year. It's not until Feb 24th, 25th & 26th & we all ready have our meet times. It supports a GREAT cause & they give out lots of "extras" & "perks" and (insert drum roll here)...it's well run. :)

For a big meet in the Philly area next year, I highly recommend "The Pink Meet". It's actually being held in center city Philly for the 1st time this year. It's not until Feb 24th, 25th & 26th & we all ready have our meet times. It supports a GREAT cause & they give out lots of "extras" & "perks" and (insert drum roll here)...it's well run. :)

We are attending a large invitational in a convention center that weekend (Feb 24-26) and we have that final schedule already as well!!

Do you recall what the admission fees were for Parkettes in past years?

Those of you who have attended this meet in years past, what kind of admission per day (or weekend pass) do they charge at (their gym) door and at the highschool for spectators?

It's been a couple of years since we went, but remember the fee was ridiculous for sitting in a highschool gym. I hate to post inaccurate info, but I'm thinking it was like $10 or $15/per person :confused:. Someone please correct me to a more accurate number. But I know it was outrageous & everyone was in shock at the door, as they dug in their pockets for more money. It was an old highschool with uncomfortable bleachers. We figured they were using our money to fund their teams travel fees for the next few years all in one shot ;). It sure wasn't all going just to cover meet expenses & the meet venues(a highschool gym & their OWN gym) :(. I think they over charged to make an excess profit off the meet, JMHO. I've helped run many meets & I know making SOME money is one of the goals...but come on! Their prices were ridiculous. Sad thing is that was just one of quite a few "issues" we had with that meet. Now we just skip it.

It's been a couple of years since we went, but remember the fee was ridiculous for sitting in a highschool gym. I hate to post inaccurate info, but I'm thinking it was like $10 or $15/per person :confused:. Someone please correct me to a more accurate number. But I know it was outrageous & everyone was in shock at the door, as they dug in their pockets for more money. It was an old highschool with uncomfortable bleachers. We figured they were using our money to fund their teams travel fees for the next few years all in one shot ;). It sure wasn't all going just to cover meet expenses & the meet venues(a highschool gym & their OWN gym) :(. I think they over charged to make an excess profit off the meet, JMHO. I've helped run many meets & I know making SOME money is one of the goals...but come on! Their prices were ridiculous :(

Gymjourneymom I don't think you're wrong at all...15 bucks a day , no weekend passes that go between venues so if you have kids competing at both sites, you pay twice...and here's a kicker , one of my daughters competed in the first session on Saturday and my older daughter competed in the last session of 10s on Saturday (that used to be televised but hasn't been in several years) so they kick you out of the gym and make you pay a SECOND 15 bucks for that last session on Saturday night! Highway robbery!

Gymjourneymom I don't think you're wrong at all...15 bucks a day , no weekend passes that go between venues so if you have kids competing at both sites, you pay twice...and here's a kicker , one of my daughters competed in the first session on Saturday and my older daughter competed in the last session of 10s on Saturday (that used to be televised but hasn't been in several years) so they kick you out of the gym and make you pay a SECOND 15 bucks for that last session on Saturday night! Highway robbery!

OMG! Thanks for the clarification bookworm. But that's even WORSE then I thought! Sad, sad, sad that they would rip off people who already paid to travel just to get to their meet! That's just disgusting actually :(. I'm so glad we don't go to that one anymore. Good luck to those of you that are going. At least if you don't have high expectations you won't be disappointed:rolleyes:. Oh & take some extra cash ;).

Please tell me gymnasts who are competing in the meet get in Free to watch their teammates compete in other sessions.... Or do they have to pay to get in too?

Please tell me gymnasts who are competing in the meet get in Free to watch their teammates compete in other sessions.... Or do they have to pay to get in too?

I know they don't get in free for that last session on Saturday!! No freebies at Parkettes! and the workers they have at the doors aren't the least bit sympathetic to the rip off they are perpetrating either... but on a positive note, we're not going to the Parkettes meet this year ...yea!!!:)

I know they don't get in free for that last session on Saturday!! No freebies at Parkettes! and the workers they have at the doors aren't the least bit sympathetic to the rip off they are perpetrating either... but on a positive note, we're not going to the Parkettes meet this year ...yea!!!:)

But do they get in Free to watch their teammates in the other sessions (not the last session on Sat @ Parkettes gym)?

Let's put it this way... I remember paying every time we walked through the door. I would err on the side of saying they DO pay to watch their teammates.

I think that teammates who are coming to watch are "supposed" to pay at most meets. Whether it's enforced, or whether just another girl in a warm-up wandering through the door (and maybe at least walking in the direction of the registration table) would be noticed... I don't know. If having to pay makes the difference in those teammates going or not going to the meet, I'd count on them having to pay.

Only our optionals are going to this meet... which I guess probably means DD will be there next year. Oh, the things we have to look forward to!

I see Parkettes is still gouging people for the last session....although it's never been half price if you already went to a session so they must have gotten some flack. The last session basically has 4 girls from every team that entered, with the overflow going to earlier sessions...that doesn't warrant an extra entry fee....

Door rates: Adults $12.00/day
Seniors/children (ages 5-17) $8.00/day
Two day pass $20.00 (can be Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) HOWEVER THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FINAL SESSION ON SATURDAY NIGHT.
If you have attended a session on Sat and purchased a day pass (wrist band will determine that) you will get 1/2 off the price for the final session.
FINAL SESSION PRICES: ADULTS $16.00 HALF PRICE IS $8.00
SENIORS/CHILDREN (5-17) $8.00 HALF PRICE IS $4.00
Program Book - $5.00 will include a score sheet and a raffle ticket for a signed leo by Shawn Johnson.
Additional raffle tickets will be available for $1.00/each or 6 for 5
CLICK HERE for Directions to Salisbury High School

We are going to watch a friend's daughter compete and adults are $25, kids are $20. Ridiculous, which is why my daughter's gym doesn't do the meet anymore and the gym our friends go to is considering skipping it next year. Crazy prices and meet is never any different from any other meet really. It was in previous years since it was at a football stadium, but it isn't this year and admissions went up. And you have to pay for parking this year.

We are going to watch a friend's daughter compete and adults are $25, kids are $20. Ridiculous, which is why my daughter's gym doesn't do the meet anymore and the gym our friends go to is considering skipping it next year. Crazy prices and meet is never any different from any other meet really. It was in previous years since it was at a football stadium, but it isn't this year and admissions went up. And you have to pay for parking this year.

What meet are you talking about?

Yep, that is the one. We traveled to it the past few years (1 1/2 hours away) and many gyms from out of state go to it as well. There are a few BIG invitationals in the Phoenix area, so our gym decided to do those instead since admissions was so crazy. As well as the fact that it was very cold in the stadium for gymnasts and spectators, both. The other meets draw lots of out of state competition, too, so no need to pay such high admissions fees. And our friends daughters(they moved to Phoenix area last year) gym is considering skipping it next year as well. I think the fees were expected at a big stadium, but not at a convention center. We are making a girls' weekend of it, but still, hate to pay that much to get in to ONE meet. $20 usually gets myself and gymmie's sister into most meets we attend, with some change for concessions, too. Concessions were outrageous, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back