Please read. Super Proud!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everybody.
I just got home from gymnastics training and WOW!!! that was probably the best training session i have ever had :)

Well to start with I was training on floor, and usually i have to strap my knee up as it slips out of place a lot. I actually forgot to take my strapping tape to gym so i jsut left it.. It was fine, no pain or anything so i can now STOP seeing physio :) And also my tumbling was GREAT!!! I was working my back full layout twists and they have a great deal of height and my handspring front sault has improved greatly! :)

Next i headed to bars, and lately i have been dreading this apparatus and would try to avoid it because of glide kips and long kips. I have been trying to get any type of kip for 2 years now and the Second kip attempt i did tonight.. Well it wasn't an attempt! I actually KIPPED!!! I tried again and didnt fully kip properly for the rest of the night BUT i have never kipped before and also now when i kip, i ALWAYS get the bar on my chest. Improving so much :) looks like i might have a kip for competition in a few weeks.

Vault was up next.. I haven't done a proper and full Vault session for almost 4 months due to my hip and knee injury. I thought i would have to re-work my handsprings :S but... I had great height and an excellent pop off the vault. They were the best vaults i have done in a very long time :) My coach was super proud and couldn't think of anything to tell me to fix except for when i would take a step!

Beam was my final apparatus for the night! I have been hating beam while being injured because my left leg wasn't taking the impact so i was always falling off.. I did 3 beam routines all stuck with my BWO :) Super happy about that!!

So basically if i train like this more often and my kip becomes proper then level 6 or 7 is just around the corner :) Super excited had to share with you guys!

Awesome!! I have days like that every so often, they rock!!

Congrats on your kip, it's pretty much the most important element on bars besides a kip cast handstand (hehe...) or a giant!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back