Parents Point Deductions for Hair Length

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was told the same thing about a points deduction. DD's coach said the hair can not touch the floor or bar/beam during a routine or it's 0.10th deducted. DD has long straight hair that won't stay in a bun, even with a million bobby pins. I have to braid her hair wet and secure the braids to the top of her head. YouTube has some great tutorials on hair braiding. I love the pics of the braids sewn together. We'll have to try it!

We were always told hair touching the ground can count as a fall, if the judges wish to take it. Non issue, anyway, bc our team requires a bun. I must admit, our girls look all business and professional in their buns. My dd's coach says the tighter the hair, the tighter the form, lol.

My girls had similar type hair and for a time period, their old gym was into curly pony tails too and we managed to get them to happen with perm rods , and I mean a lot of them...for one daughter's pony I would use 75-80 rods (I used the smaller ones and wrapped small amounts of hair around each, sprayed hair with hair spray and then put the blow dryer on it) and leave the rods in over night and voila, curly ponytail...I will tell you it was a VERY labor intensive process that would usually take me at least 2-3 hours to do but the curly ponies did look fabulous....
My hair, too, wouldn't hold a curl... even when I got a perm in the 8th grade, lol (but that was good because it was SUPPOSED to have been a wavy perm, but my cousin did a poodle perm instead). I followed the directions about not getting it wet, but even before I washed it 3 days later, most of the curl was out. Then for HS graduation, I went to the beauty shop. She knew about my curl issues... she put the small curlers in my hair - a little in each one as you describe... sprayed them with the maximum hold aqua net hair spray... blow dryer... more hair spray over it all... blow dry again... had me keep them in the rest of the day and all night and until an hour before graduation (all told, 21 hours)... took 20 minutes to remove them all... hair was really cute... drove to the high school (15 minutes away)... walked from the cafeteria to the library where the girls were getting ready (3 minutes) looked in a mirror... no curls left!!!! :rolleyes: Guess my hair REALLY wont hold a curl.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back