Parents Practice groups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The thread is about groupings.... Not sure how it evolved into "the sky is falling"...

Your child emotional health is important but being in a group isn't exactly a traumatic experience..... o_O

That....and also this thread is 1.5 years old. Hopefully it has worked out for the OP by now.

Sorry everyone. Rather than starting a new one I just added on to this existing one.
I feel like your concerns were not addressed. You might want to start a new thread to get a clean response. It's best to have a conversation with her coaches to really understand their thought process. I will tell you that 6 yo is young even in this sport and some coaches think that a younger girl will benefit from an extra year at L3, so they can uptrain and build their confidence. DD had a former teammate in that exact position. This girl has been rocking it over the next few years after repeating 3 (then L4), so it was a great decision for her. Allowed her to emotionally mature a little more.

It also may be that your DD is small so there is some concern about her getting a strong vault on the real table (i.e., size may be a factor). Or your DD is weaker on one event (requirements do grow from level to level and skills vary by apparatus). All this is conjecture though, so best to speak with the coach.

Try not to get caught up in these discussions with parents in the lobby. I guarantee you they are just guessing as well.

Nope. Last year she was the only level 6 in her training group. All the other 6s were home schooled so practiced at a different time. This year she's in a group with mostly level 8s, and while she's trying reaaaaally hard to get all her skills there's pretty much 0 chance she will compete 8. It's all mixed up at her gym. I don't worry about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back