Prayer for a young gymmie at out gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

emacmommy

I thought this community would be another good place to start a prayer tree (or positive energy/thinking if you aren't a religious person), for a little gymmie (Jordan) that I've been training on team for the past three years off and on based on her ability to attend.

She is recovering from surgery to remove a brain tumor yesterday that was causing seizures, with the last one severe enough to prompt emergency removal of the tumor. All this on the day that was supposed to be her State meet. She is neurologically looking sound, but recovery is tough.

Please include her in your prayers. Thanks to all!

That is heartbreaking! It's so hard to hear when little ones are facing challenges like these. It's a wonder what medical technology can do these days. So sorry that she had to miss her state meet, but glad the doctors got things taken care of in time. I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

Oh my goodness-how heartbreaking. Prayers from Maryland for Jordan and her family!! I will keep you, Jordan and her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. Here's to a speedy recovery! :goodvibes: :pray: :meditate:

Praying for wisdom for the doctor's and a speedy recovery. Lord please be with this family, give them your mercy, grace and strength.
A mom in our gym went through something very similar a few years back. She had the brain tumour surgically removed and has recovered well. Just thought you might like to hear of a success story. (((HUGS)))

Thank you all so far. This has kinda been a double whammie for me regarding team girls at the gym. Last Sunday I wept a good chunk of the day on the computer thinking about the mom of one of my Level 4's who has been fighting terminal cancer for 6 yrs. All the standard treatments are not affecting the cancer anymore and it's spreading to other parts of her body which is being riddled by scar tissue now too. She has started expiremental treatments and is now, as she puts it, a guinea pig to help other cancer fighters in the future. Her amount of time left is unclear, but the doctor said if the expiramental drugs don't cease the growth, he gives her less than 6 months.

Last Saturday we travelled out of state and her daughter won her age group, actually our team swept that age group, and when we looked up in the bleachers and saw her tearful and weeping hugging on the other parents it was a bit much for us coaches. I wept the whole next day thinking of her family and how strong her daughters and husband will have to be. Luckily she is old enough to comprehend what's going on with her mom and dealing with the realities well.

For Jordan it sounds like the doctors believe the tumor is benign, the jury is till out, but they uncertain of it's kind and if it will be a condition to afflict her the rest of her life.

Thank you all for the prayers.

Sending all my good thoughts her way. What a very difficult time for all those who know her.

As for your gym Mom, my heart goes out to her and her family. Life can be very cruel.

All of my deepest and strongest prayers for gymmie and gym mom. Both situations definitely make my heart sink.

my thoughts and prayers go to the little girl and her family. I hope now that they have removed the tumor, that her future brings lots of happiness.

oh just read the next bit about the girl with cancer. Having just lost my aunty 4 weeks ago from breast cancer at the young age of 36, this terrible thing of cancer does not discriminate, it doesn't care how young or old it is. I just want them to know that I am thinking of the them at this hard time, and to stay strong, and enjoy every moment that they can

Last edited:
I will send many prayers and good thoughts her way. Having survived a brain tumor, brain surgery, and now facing the re-growth of the tumor, I can relate to the struggle. But she should know that there are SURVIVORS and treatments and positive outcomes every day. The five-year-survival rate for my tumor is about 70%. I was diagnosed 5 years ago, and here I am, still going strong!

It breaks my heart for children to have to face these struggles, but I know they are often the bravest among us. My prayers will stay will this little girl.

Lots of prayers coming your way. Certainly a very rough time for your little gymmie, but things do sound encouraging for a good recovery. Prayers for your gym mom, her dd and the entire family----so much to try and deal with. Certainly puts things in perspective!

BigTiny---best wishes and positive thoughts to you also!

This just makes me want to cry. It is so not RIGHT! My 16 year old daughtes's best friend just got diagnosed with a large brain tumor too that the doctors don't want to operate on because of the danger. It is just plain crummy. She will be in our thoughts as well as everyone who knows her.

Lots of prayers and thoughts for all the families mentioned in this thread. Life is so unfair sometimes. HUGS to all.

Sending prayers to Jordan and her family. It's good to know that they believe the tumor to be benign. I pray that she has a good outcome from the surgery.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back