Parents Pre-Team advice! New to CB :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey all. I just wanted to give an update since today was the day DD started "pre-team"! She had a great time and really enjoyed the longer practice time and harder skills that she got to work on! I spoke to her new instructor. Today was the first day of this age group (5yo) class. So in regards to my concern as well as the ? about why such a big age gap between DD and the established pre-team, they now have one for her age :) There are 4 littles in her class. But only 2 of them stay the full class. 2 of them only do half the class.
Practice is 2 hours. They did half an hour of stretch and warm up then this week they focused on bars, beam, and a little bit of tumbling at the end. On the bars they did pull overs, worked on their casts, and back hip circles. On the beam they did basic exercises along with some cartwheel and hand stands and they introduced dismounts. And at the end DD worked on her BHS while the other child was taught a BHS.
This new 5yo pre-team from what I understand has been put in place to separate the ages a little. So I'm just guessing that next step will be pre-team with the older girls. It seems to me that it's just a little more advanced and not overly demanding. I feel silly for worrying now lol! I think I was mostly afraid of her being behind the older girls and not mentally up to it. Now I'm excited and relieved :) thanks again for all the advice!

That sounds perfect! That's the type of group I wish our gym had.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back