WAG question about GK Under Armour leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am not active on CB. Im a nana to little girl with health issues I know you will understand. I don't know how to private message. I've looked at posts for years and I know we share this. I feel alone but I totally understand if you won't respond. Im kind of desperate. Thank you

I'm not really understanding what you are looking for. There are a lot of gymmies who have sensitive skin and are particular about their leos. Are you looking for empathy in that department? Plenty to be had!

Thank you everyone for all of your input. I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor. I mean...boo hoo...my daughter already has 15 leos and I want to buy her another one for no other reason than it's a UA....poor me! LOL Like so many of you, I'm just fed up with dropping over $50 on a leo and then having to hold myself back from strangling a child who says "it's scratchy".

No. GI issues. Not looking for empathy. Im in the wrong place! Sorry. Can't blame me for trying.

We have an Under Armour leo that's purple and the seams are a problem. I have actually taken the finer side of a nail file and very gently tried to smooth them out. Obviously not so much that it rips apart but it seems to help a little.

My dd is barely 7, so she doesn't care so much about what's in style. She loves the velour leotards or the leotards that have velour around the straps because they're soft. I have to cut tags out of everything and Lord help us if there is any gap in the leotard.

She likes Snowflake, Destira and Alpha Factor leotards best. I'll have to try her with the Ozone ones. They look comfy.

Thank you everyone for all of your input. I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor. I mean...boo hoo...my daughter already has 15 leos and I want to buy her another one for no other reason than it's a UA....poor me! LOL Like so many of you, I'm just fed up with dropping over $50 on a leo and then having to hold myself back from strangling a child who says "it's scratchy".
You could get her some under amour leggins or shorts. My dd (who likes the UA leos for the most part) prefers the UA bottoms as they tend to have more room for the 'muscles'

My daughter is one of those "sensory" kids when it comes to seams and bling on her leotards. I was looking at possibly purchasing her one of the GK Under Armour leotards and had a question to ask anyone here who has already purchased them.

I'm looking at the UA Agility leotard:
View attachment 4936

But I'm concerned about the stitching on the waist. If you have a UA leo in either this style or similar, do you mind to give me your opinion about how noticeable the stitching is on the inside of the leo.

Or if you have this one:
View attachment 4937

My daughter has the blue one. She also has a black/orange one. She wears it but it's not her favorite because of the seams. Also, she thinks the fabric is too 'heavy' whatever that means!

That being said, it does feel 'thicker' than other leos.

She just discovered Plumwear leos and I think there will be no going back now! She and all her teammates LOVE these leos for both the fabric (def feel 'lighter', I notice, when I wash!) as well as the price. None are more than $30, I think. We had tried a FB company (not sure if I'm allowed to say 'bad' things so won't name them) but I was VERY disappointed with their return policy.

Anyway, for those who haven't tried them, check out Plum!

Thanks for all of the alternative suggestions. While DD has always loved Ozone, it seems like their prices are creeping up. Plus, she's feeling a little old to be wearing all of the "cutesy animal" type leos that they have. I love the way they look though. So sparkly!

My daughters team leos are Ozone.. She loves them and even wore them brand new with no complaints... she is also a sensory kiddo. Ozone has many that aren't cutsie but they are pricier. Before the Ozone she would only wear velvet or leos that had seen better days because they were soft. We are just not having to buy bigger leos because she has finally grown so I am looking into buying her one or two for Christmas. I have a good friend who make beautiful custom leos I may have her make one and see how that goes....

I am shocked that your gymnie doesn't like or feels GK is scratchy. My daughter owns several and they are fantastic

You need to find the ones that are mystic. So soft and non itxhy.

Just bought one for Ds and its perfext

Another fantastic brand is VCIA. It's a brand I sell out of China We have the head office in Edmonton, AB. Most comfortable suit my dd has been vet worm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Our competition leo and warm-ups are ozone. They are my daughters favorite because they are tagless and the seems are fairly soft.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back