Parents quick progress after increase in hours?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymhorsemom

Proud Parent
I'm just curious to hear if anyone noticed a big jump in progress when their gymmie started practicing more hours? Mine acquired a bunch of new skills when she went from 1.5 hours/week to 3 and then again when she went from 3 to 4. Started next week she'll be going 7 hours/week so I'm excited to see some new skills in the next few months -hopefully that is!

Yes , youngest dd got 3 skills with in a month and a half of moving to team wich was 5 hours a week vs her 2 that she did in classes

Yes , youngest dd got 3 skills with in a month and a half of moving to team wich was 5 hours a week vs her 2 that she did in classes

I hope this is the case with DD. She has been in a bit of a rut and despite working hard hasn't gained a skill in several months.

I hope this is the case with DD. She has been in a bit of a rut and despite working hard hasn't gained a skill in several months.
Hope she gets out of the rut too, it was the first few months of team but now she has tapered off but I think it's cause she is working on her bhs

Definitely!! Recently mine went from 6 to 11 hours and got 4 or 5 new tricks pretty quickly, and seems stronger. One other thing I did not expect, she also seems happier. She has never been super passionate about gym like some kids, but she is definitely more joyful and more interested in gym than ever before.

Also my daughter had a period of about a year a while back where she too seemed to hit a plateau. Shortly after she hit a spurt, both in actual growth and in ability.

Hope she gets out of the rut too, it was the first few months of team but now she has tapered off but I think it's cause she is working on her bhs

Mine is also working on BHS. That and the BHC are the 2 I'm expecting to see soon and hoping that the increase in time really helps.

Yuppers! When my DDs hours had gone from 6-10 in the past she almost immediately (within a few weeks) got her bhs, kip, and baby giant. They dropped back down. They went back up and she got her bwo/bwo connected on beam. Went down again. Jumped back up and she got her back tucks. Now if only they would stay up, maybe the skills would stick around and improve. Lol.

Still waiting for my dd's group to have the skills explosion. :) They increased from 6 to 9 hours a week the first of January and so far it's just been more conditioning and more basics. They've been working on drills for bigger skills, but it's definitely not been an explosion of skills for them. But that appears to be the gym's philosophy. Slow and steady and lots of emphasis on form and shapes and conditioning. The skills will come apparently. :)

My dd was doing 9 hours last season and is doing 15 1/2 this season. I did not see an immediate jump in skills. As a matter of fact I feel like she has been at a stand still until just recently. In our case though it was a gym move that increased the hours. The new gym is a lot more intense, more conditioning and higher expectations. Up until recently I feel like her body was adjusting to the more hours and more conditioning and she was pretty exhausted all the time. Because she was always exhausted she wasn't really getting new skills. She looks like she is finally adjusting and new skills are starting to come FINALLY.

I'm just curious to hear if anyone noticed a big jump in progress when their gymmie started practicing more hours? Mine acquired a bunch of new skills when she went from 1.5 hours/week to 3 and then again when she went from 3 to 4. Started next week she'll be going 7 hours/week so I'm excited to see some new skills in the next few months -hopefully that is!
YES!
My 6 y/o gymmie went from 1.5 a week, to 3 a week, to 9 a week to 12 a week in a 6 month time frame... Yeah I saw a HUGE increase in skills :)

Time of year, here, meet season not a lot of new stuff, routines for meets is the focus with some up training. By January most of our meet season is done and the kids have their routines. Now it's less focus on current stuff and the up training kicks up, until July/Aug. I expect my girl to be doing new skills at our end of year program in June.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back