requirements for level o mag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
just trying to find out where you can find the requirements for the level 0 mag, could anybody tell me?. thanks

It will help us if you tell us what country you're in; rules vary from country to country.

The USAG system does not have a level 0.

Check GA and your state association web site. Look under technical information for MG. If you can't find it, the only way would be to purchase the manual.

Hi, MAG level 0 is very basic. So basic that most gyms don't even bother with it, they work straight for level 1. most competitions don't have level 0 it is just for the gyms but the requirements are as follows.

FLOOR - forward roll, front support, rear support, shoulderstand and straight jump.
POMMEL - 2 push ups
RINGS - Tuck hang and some low swings letting go at the back
VAULT - Straight jump to 30 cm's crash mats
P BARS - Tuck hold and some swings to dismount at back
HIGH BAR - A pullover on low bar with coach help and a cast to pushaway off

thanks for that. My son has just started he is 4, so I wanted to go through some things with him to help him. I have only just started to get use to the wag side, now my son says he wants to do it, so now it is the mag side I have to understand.

geesh...i would hate to have to call myself a "level 0" competitive gymnast. that's just not right, somehow.

geesh...i would hate to have to call myself a "level 0" competitive gymnast. that's just not right, somehow.

Although I guess we're essentially going to have that...with the new structure for 2013, with levels 1-10 competitive, though I think they were calling like pre-level 1 "intro" or something, don't really remember. Or maybe I was trying to forget. I can't wait until Congress and stuff, my region could hardly accept the new dance pass for optionals, minds will be blown.

I don't know I just saw at my son't club that they do mag levels 0,1,2 etc. So I am assuming that is where they start. I know nothing about mag side just learning, he is only 4

Many of the clubs say they do level 0, 1, 2 but they don't usually compete level 0. They might just use some of the skills in training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back