Rip/s not healing, 2 days until my competition!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
On Monday I ripped 3 times, and 2 same to be healing fine, if they are not already healed. My other rip though, is not healing very well at all. It keeps on cracking and the crack is deep enough for it to bleed. It is still a little sore, but it is dry. My competition is on Saturday, and I am competing a level higher and I can't get of it! It is between I think 5 or 6 clubs, and I need some help please!!!

What I found to quickly heal my gymie's rips is vitamin e. Before bed, squeeze the liquid from the vitamin e gel capsule on the rip and then put your hand in a sock over night. It usally takes 2 nights--Wishing you the best at the meet :)

With any rip, you need to make sure you do not allow it to dry out or it will get even worse.

Most lubricating oils will work. Petrolatum, tea tree oil, udder's balm, etc

you need to keep it moist so it doesn't crack. Any pharmacy has a product called "Bag Balm" It is an anticeptic cream originally designed to put on cows udders to keep them from chaffing when they get milked but it works great.

If you put it on at bed time by morning it should feel better. It might not be healed by your meet so have some tape ready. If it's deep enough to bleed its going to take a while to heal.

Just a note Bag Balm smells but it does work great. they also sell products at Ten-o for rips but you won't get it in time for your meet.

My DD uses hand cream every night to keep hands moist so there isn't dry spots to rip. Doesn't mean she never gets a rip but they are certainly less frequent.

you need to keep it moist so it doesn't crack. Any pharmacy has a product called "Bag Balm" It is an anticeptic cream originally designed to put on cows udders to keep them from chaffing when they get milked but it works great.

If you put it on at bed time by morning it should feel better. It might not be healed by your meet so have some tape ready. If it's deep enough to bleed its going to take a while to heal.

I swore by Bag Balm for my entire carreer and now my daughter uses it, too. I suggest after you liberally apply it to you hands before bed, that you then put cotton tube type socks over your hands. This helps retain the heat so the Bag Balm can penetrate, as well as protects your bed linens.

I started using this in the early 80's after my grandfather, a retired dairy farmer, suggested it. Back in the days when cows were milked by hand, the farmers used it to keep the "teets" supple and to prevent tears, cracks and infections. This stuff works miracles!

Use RipGuardian to get back on bars

RipGuardian was created just for this purpose. It protects the rip and eliminates the pain during your workout (or meet).

Check us out: Product Details | RipGuardian

And let me know if you'd like to try. I can hook you up with a discount.

Good luck!

Shawn

With any rip, you need to make sure you do not allow it to dry out or it will get even worse.

Most lubricating oils will work. Petrolatum, tea tree oil, udder's balm, etc

I agree completly with you. But had a question: Why would people use teabags to help rips heal, if all they do is dry the rip out? Should we keep it moist, or use tea bags? (I all ways keep mine as moist as possible, and cover it in polysporin.)

Real quick question. My daughter gets a lot of them. Is it a good idea to cut the skin off or leave it on? Then obviously need to put some bag balm or something on them. She gets them like every practice.

Real quick question. My daughter gets a lot of them. Is it a good idea to cut the skin off or leave it on? Then obviously need to put some bag balm or something on them. She gets them like every practice.

Cut off the skin off with sterilized nail clippers (so it doesn't get infected) and then but some sort of cream on them, put a lot on a night and put her hand in a sock to keep in the moisture and keep the bedding clean.

Does anyone know where I can find 'Kip Balm'? A girl on DDs team had some and it apparently worked miracles in one practice because now a bunch of girls want it. However, I can find it in a quick Internet search. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know where I can find 'Kip Balm'? A girl on DDs team had some and it apparently worked miracles in one practice because now a bunch of girls want it. However, I can find it in a quick Internet search. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this is similar its called Hand E Balm:
Hand-e-Balm

or i have heard of a lot of girls using bag balm:
The Original Bag Balm

If all else fails, ask that gymnast or her parents. It also helps to look at the container too because sometimes then u also have a visual image to describe, someone might have seen it somewhere but forgot what it was called.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back