WAG Routine for Saturday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a competition on Saturday, one of the most important ones in the year, and guess when I got my routine? Yesterday. I have two sessions left to practice, but it'll be difficult to learn and perfect it in that time. Wish me luck? :')

Just make sure the skills are perfect, they are where the most deductions come from. Even if you struggle to remember the routine, you will always remember the skills. You will do fine.

^^^^^^ That. My daughter got her routine a couple of weeks before her last comp, but they'd worked on all the skills. She missed a couple of dance moves out and got ahead of herself, so right at the end she had to throw in a couple of extra posey bits. No-one who didn't know the routine could tell, it looked fine. Just sell it, smile and do the skills and if you get lost, just think what the next skill is and work to it - don't stop. You'll be fine. Good luck.

^^^^^^ That. My daughter got her routine a couple of weeks before her last comp, but they'd worked on all the skills. She missed a couple of dance moves out and got ahead of herself, so right at the end she had to throw in a couple of extra posey bits. No-one who didn't know the routine could tell, it looked fine. Just sell it, smile and do the skills and if you get lost, just think what the next skill is and work to it - don't stop. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Oh wow did you change clubs? I know your dd was all excited getting a new floor routine just before christmas for her grades. Glad she managed it so well.

OP - you will be fine. Just do your best.

No we didn't change clubs. DD's coach started working on routines with the girls - beam and floor, before Christmas but she had to take quite a lot of time off early this year and the stand in coach went back to working skills and basics. Shortly before the comp the coach left. At that stage a couple of the girls didn't have finished routines and the new coach had a look at all of them and decided to give them all new ones. Same skills, different music and different dance. TBH though, by all accounts it's not unusual in our club to get routines close to comps. It seems to happen a lot. When I mentioned I was worried dd wouldn't be very confident with it, the coach said she'd seen girls given a routine a day before and pull it off!

Don't worry about... I've learned my floor routine the night before a meet and have made up my beam routine at that same meet. I was kind of unprepared lol, but I scored fine :)

Don't stress... I know 2 gymnasts that still didn't have their routines figured out at 7:30 pm the NIGHT before they would compete them for the first time :) You just have to be confident that you CAN do it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back