WAG Schedule deadline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LindyHopper

Proud Parent
So... short stack has her first flyaway meet this year. We booked our flight and hotel to arrive on Thursday evening and leave Monday morning. I booked it that way, because I know the schedule can change until about two weeks before the meet.

We don't plan on making any changes... it's going to be a mommy/daughter trip (rare in our family). But I am curious; what is the absolute latest a meet director can change the schedule?

LH -

There are no “rules” concerning this; it all boils down to common courtesy. In a meet with out of town clubs there is no way I would change the schedule inside of 4 weeks before the meet. Once that schedule is published I would do everything humanly possible to avoid changing the schedule that would impact traveling clubs. There are other things that can be done without changes like that.

Good luck to your dd at the meet.

Thanks. I swear I'd heard somewhere that the schedule had to be finalized 10 days before the meet. Perhaps it's a state or region policy?

So... short stack has her first flyaway meet this year. We booked our flight and hotel to arrive on Thursday evening and leave Monday morning. I booked it that way, because I know the schedule can change until about two weeks before the meet.

We don't plan on making any changes... it's going to be a mommy/daughter trip (rare in our family). But I am curious; what is the absolute latest a meet director can change the schedule?

The tightest schedule change we have ever experienced was a couple of years ago at regionals. My DD's schedule was changed 4 days before the competition started. She was originally scheduled for 8am on a Sunday and changed to 6pm on a Sunday. Thankfully we were driving and not flying, but I was quite surprised the schedule could be changed so close to a competition and this had us switching from staying overnight before competition to staying overnight afterwards. We normally experience a set schedule 2-4 weeks before competition so this seemed very unusual.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back