Scoring optional routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm wondering. How do they score optional routines at the us challenge and other big events like that. I know they are scored out of 16. 6 of the points are for the difficulty of the routine, and the other 10 points are for how well they perform the routine, like in regular competitions. I know at the olympics, they are scored out of 20, with 10 points for difficulty and execution, but how do they score those routines out of 16 points?

They're not scored out of 16 or 20 for either of those competitions. The maximum execution score is 10. However, the difficulty score is not fixed; it's determined through meeting certain requirements (EGRs, I believe they're called in elite), skill combinations that earn bonus, and the 8 most difficult skills in the routine (with certain requirements on what skills must count in that total).

If you're really interested, you can go to the FIG website and download the whole code of points.

i thought a couple of us explained this for all to understand in another thread. and might it have been the same person asking??

and zj'smom...you better have a huge memory in your computer. takes forever to download, even with high speeds.

They're not scored out of 16 or 20 for either of those competitions. The maximum execution score is 10. However, the difficulty score is not fixed; it's determined through meeting certain requirements (EGRs, I believe they're called in elite), skill combinations that earn bonus, and the 8 most difficult skills in the routine (with certain requirements on what skills must count in that total).

Sort of approximately right, though you're missing a few details.

There are two scores: difficulty and execution. Execution starts from ten, and technical deductions (for errors, falls, etc) are subtracted from this.

Difficulty is a bit more complicated. There are specific element group requirements, each of which is valued at .5. In addition to this, every skill has a difficulty value ranging from A (easy) to G (insane). A skills add .1 to your difficulty, B skills add .2, and so on.

The difficulty score is the total value of the top 8 hardest skills (which MUST include the dismount) plus the the values of the special element group requirements.

It's not that bad. I do have it on my computer (okay I am a pathetic gym fan). It's 11.5 MB.

and zj'smom...you better have a huge memory in your computer. takes forever to download, even with high speeds.

better to be a pathetic gym fan than to not be one at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back