Gymnasts Share your blogs!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone! I’m a gymnast who doesn’t really have a lot of gymnast friends. I’m the oldest person on my team so I’m kind of isolated. I’m curious about other gymnasts and what their practices and experiences look like. I’m also pretty new to gymnasts so I’m trying to learn more everyday! I’m looking for gymnasts all ages and levels who have blogs. I’ve seen a couple of blogs but I can’t find a lot so I’m wondering if they don’t exist or are just hard to find. What I mean by a blog is posts about a single gymnasts practices and experiences. As someone who loves to talk about every little thing that happened in my practice, I would like to hear about others practices too! Just wondering if anyone could share their blogs or any blogs you recommend, thank you!

I kept a blog for a bit but then I stopped for a while. I may continue it eventually.
I am 26, I turn 27 in a week though. I am not on a team, but I am doing some serious skills and a few competitions. I actually want to see if I can do more competitions next year without being on team, because I think I want to stay in the groups I'm in right now.

To give you an idea of where I'm at gymnastics wise, I'm working on
Bars: very slowly workign on giants and clear hips and cast handstand. I cast to above horizontal, I have a toe shoot to high bar, flyaway tucked, kip LB and HB, multiple hip circle (Best I ever got was 3 or 4 hip circles from 1 cast haha), front hip circle. I'm also working on a caslavska (https://balancebeamsituation.com/release-full-turn-caslavska/) or a switch kip ( for the idea. Its just a random video I found, that's not me or anything)

Vault: Honestly I cant work a springboard. So for now I'm working on FHS on mini trampoline and vaulting table, though I've also done a half in half out and may try FHS half out. Hoping some day I can work a springboard but they're also quite hard on my shins.

Floor: FHS, very low front tuck, working towards back extention roll. also double L turns and some difficult jumps and leaps not involving leg separation.

Beam: Cartwheel, perhaps some day FHS, L turn though I drop my leg too low, full turn jump and other difficult jumps and combos.

Yeah my acro is behind on my dance and my everything is behind on my bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back