WAG She wants to cut out some hours....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think it is temporary. She was sick two weeks ago and I also think this added to the 'tiredness' factor. I asked DD what was the time frame she was thinking and she said only for two more weeks.....I don't know exactly why 'two more weeks', but we will see. I really believe that kids sometimes need a say......she really has NO say from the time she gets up, until she gets home....everyone tells kids what they need to do.....what REAL harm does it do???

I dont know about AP classes......DD is definitely not there yet.....

I think it is temporary. She was sick two weeks ago and I also think this added to the 'tiredness' factor. I asked DD what was the time frame she was thinking and she said only for two more weeks.....I don't know exactly why 'two more weeks', but we will see. I really believe that kids sometimes need a say......she really has NO say from the time she gets up, until she gets home....everyone tells kids what they need to do.....what REAL harm does it do???

I dont know about AP classes......DD is definitely not there yet.....

My DD is the kind that when she has a say in something, she will come up with a date, or timeframe, it's what her brain needs to do. It helps keep her from stressing over it, and she knows when the change will occur. Maybe that's what your daughter is doing, which I find to be a good planning tool!
and good for her for honor roll! (and more so that it's her goal ;) )

I think taking a night off can do wonders for a gymnast. Sometimes rest and recovery is just as important as actual practice. The only thing I would think about is that once they start putting kids in their level groups, they might bring up her attendance record which could factor into their placement. I know at our gym us coaches all sit down in what seems like a 4 hour meeting and decide on each gymnast as a group during level placement time. Attendance/commitment level is DEFINITELY a huge factor in our decision and has limited several girls from moving up, even if they are talented enough to jump the level. And if she's only training 12 of the 16 hrs/week now...what's the hour increase for the next level? For example, if its 18 hrs/week...she'll have to jump to 6 more hours instead of just 2.

Again as others have already stated...rest is important and taking a night off every once in awhile is fine. But making it a habit is not good if she's serious about being a competitive gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back