WAG short bar question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mandy

Toe-On to Hanstand vs. Stalder to Handstand vs. Free Hip to Handstand

which is the hardest?

How hard is a toe-hecht? Just looking at it, toe-hechts don't seems really hard, but well...that doesn't count! So why do the kids still squat on in a Level 8 bar routine instead of doing a toe-hecht? Is it really that hard? Looking at the Level 8 requirements it must be harder than a 1/2 pirouette...

In my opinion free hip - handstand is easier to learn first - mainly because the gymnasts are so used to doing back hip circles and the action is similar. Next, I'd say toe on - handstand as they will more than likely be able to sole circle already and finally stalder due to it being more of an alien feeling to the gymnast. However, really once one is learned, I've found the others come soon after depending on the strength/flexibility of the gymnasts.

Is toe Hecht the same as a Mo? (Pike on to low bar, circle round, release, straddle legs and catch high bar?)
If so it is pretty hard to do it properly. A lot of gymnasts can only catch it in a dead hang, which results in big deductions.

Is toe Hecht the same as a Mo? (Pike on to low bar, circle round, release, straddle legs and catch high bar?)
If so it is pretty hard to do it properly. A lot of gymnasts can only catch it in a dead hang, which results in big deductions.

Thank you! Ok so once you know how to "open to handstand" alls three shouldn't be too hatd, although stalder is a little strange? But I like this weird stalder, looks soo beautiful!

Yes, it's the same as a "Mo".
So catching might be not too hard but, but using the
mimentum to immediately do other skill is the harder part? That's why it is usually done by L9+?

Yes in my experience it had been that way, but I'd still like to hear other coaches opinions.
With the stalder, the gymnasts do need good flexibility to make it look pretty! Those who can do a pancake with both feet raised do it best!

I'm not really familiar with the requirements for he US levels so not sure what is needed for level 8 bars. If they can get away with a squat on then I guess it's best to do that until they have really got the toe Hecht sorted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back