WAG Should i Quit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Should i? I have been having HORRIBLE practices all month. I come home with headaches and im just in so much pain. Everything i do i fail and somehow manage to hurt something. I hate it and love it so much. I don't know what to do. Whenever someone looks at me im walking on my hands or doing some sort of gymnastics. So i thought maybe conditioning at home would make it better. So im always conditioning. But nope, it still isn't working. I lost almost all my skills to.

I dont know what to do and i know if i quit i will regret it, but if i don't, i dont know if ill be able to handle it anymore. What do you think

Only you can answer that question. :/
But if you're thinking about quitting because of a month of bad practices, I'd say that's not the best if reasons. Everyone has days, weeks, even months where they're just 'off'. Heck, I went through about a 3 month time span where I literally could not do a full twisting layout (a move I had been doing for 6 months at that time already) to save my life. Fast forward a couple years and now I'm throwing double fulls. So don't dwell too much on it. Give it a few months and if you still want to quit then consider it a bit more.

Just my 2 cents :)

Could you be tired or overtraining/ under resting? Just the niggling pains, falls, and lack of improvement with extra conditioning makes me think you might be overdoing it. If your body is tired going into training it's going to be harder to do skills, particularly new ones.

If that rings bells for you I'd take a few weeks at least. Either off completely, until your headaches and pains are better, and you have your energy levels back. Or cut down a day a week, or just go for conditioning for a while, again until you feel rested and at full speed. But maybe leave those skills you're having trouble with for a bit until you're mentally and physically refreshed.

Then when you get back to full training see how it goes before you decide to quit. Sometimes we just need a break.

eta have a look at your diet/nutrition and hydration too.

I agree with dmytv, when I read the start of your post that is the exact video I thought of.

Don't quit.

You answered your own question. You said that you will regret it. You don't want to live the rest of your life regretting that you quit gymnastics and wondering what if you stayed in the sport. It sounds like you love gymnastics and will really miss it when it's gone. My best advice is to stick with it and if its still terrible by your summer break (in America) then reconsider, but don't give up something that you absolutely love and have put years of effort, sweat and tears into just because of one bad month.

Definitely don't quite if you think you will regret it. Getting through the bad stuff will make you stronger and when you are going through a good patch you will probably wonder why you were worried. It will get better.

Are you growing ? When you grrow your proprioception goes and it can take moths to re-train your body.

grrrrr - crumbs in the keyboard - teach me to eat my dinner at the lappie :rolleyes:

((turns lappie upside down and bangs the bottom))

As others have said, check to see if you are growing. Another factor might be lady issues.

Make sure you are sleeping enough besides hydrating and eating enough (enough calories, enough protein, enough iron). This is what allows you to recover and if you aren't recovering well enough you'll crap out.

If it's just burn out, talk to your parents and coach about possibly just doing 2 practices a week for a week or two. Or maybe one or just a week or two completely out of the gym. If it's time to stop gym, you will want to stop and if isn't maybe it will revitalize you to get back to the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back