WAG slippery feet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
For the last few weeks, my daughter has been complaining that her feet are slippery, which is causing problems with bridges and rope climbs. (Yes, I know she shouldn't be using her feet on the rope, but that's what she is told to do.) She tried telling one of the coaches about it, who literally gave her the brush-off (her solution was to brush off the soles of my daughter's feet). Her group of 5- to 7-year-olds is not allowed to touch the chalk. I thought of putting baby powder on her feet before practice, but I was afraid that would just make them even more slippery. Any ideas? I have thought of asking if she could try beam shoes or modern dance shoes, but neither appears to be used at our gym.

Well it certainly helps of you know that the threads exist somewhere here. Hope you find something valuable. The good news is you are not alone.

It's pretty normal for some of the girls to need to chalk their feet on BB. Some girls just have sweaty feet.

Not an issue on rope...can't climb legless, do pullups in a straddle-L. One day she'll be able to.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back