Parents So what does your child do to "avoid" working the skills they are scared of?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

"Coach can I get some water?" "Sure"

Wander ever so slowly to the cubbies. Drink. Drink again. High five a friend. Waaaallllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk back to the bars.

Until I called her on it one night on the way home in the car. LOL

A
Take longer than necessary with pretty much anything possible, sharing the beam and being generous with others taking turns, finding some adjustment that needs to be done on floor beam.... Before working on BHS on high beam. Oops, ran out of beam time, how unfortunate..!

All of the above until coach looks away, then complains if coach is looking away when she finally does it ;)

Mine gets a stomach cramp or some mystery pain during conditioning and stretching, but it is magically gone once they go to bars. There also seems to be quite a bit of dancing to music during beam, and the dancing causes her to miss her spot in line. I can just imagine her saying, "No, no you go, it's ok! I just had a turn!" Stinker. Good to know she isn't the only one! :rolleyes:

Oh,
Forgot the "necessity" of adding panel mats right next to the beam before working on the BHS. Watched her do this before EVERY turn yesterday (there were 3-4girls working on different things on the same beam so taking turns). Seriously took at least a full minute before each and every turn, and this is time that the other girls in line are also just standing there waiting... Took everything I had to not yell something at her across the floor!
I talked to her about it in the car, telling her she really didn't need the mats anyways, and today: no mats! The world didn't end, no body parts were maimed, she miraculously managed to do her BHS without mats, lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back