WAG Some Level 8 questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi - just had a few questions and thank you in advance for any replies.

Beam - my daughter's coach told the girls that when they do their full turn on beam they should kick up their leg at the end and kinda hold it before landing? Is that true? She basically looks like she's about to fall because she is constantly balancing to hold it before she lands and now she doens't remember how she was doing it before where she would always nail it.

floor - Do you guys know any good drills on how to do a 1.5 turn on floor? i tried to youtube but they are all about full turns on beam. She really struggles on this and it's such a high deduction if she can't make it.

thanks!

Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it'll develop into something special. For floor..... Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it will turn into something special. Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it'll develop into something special. For floor..... Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it will turn into something special.

Full turns are all about technique. You know, like posture, alignment, weight distribution on the turning foot, spotting for visual reference........ oh and yeah, balance. When your child learn how to stick a full turn that's completely balanced on one foot with the free leg gracefully extended, she'll be well on her way to multiple turns on both events.

So I'll tell you what she should do.........

Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it'll develop into something special. For floor..... Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it will turn into something special. Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it'll develop into something special. For floor..... Keep working the beam full turn as the coach wishes, and it will turn into something special.

Repeat as needed :cool: :D.

My daughter does the same thing on both turns. That floor turn has gotten worse and worse it seems. Her coach just this week changed her arms on it. Instead of turning with them up she now holds them against her chest. It's a little better but still a crap shoot in the routine.

I saw another gym recently that has EVERY girl dance out of the full turn in beam. Was very sneaky but totally hid any wobbles!

I saw another gym recently that has EVERY girl dance out of the full turn in beam. Was very sneaky but totally hid any wobbles!

We have some gyms that do this too. I wish dds gym did it with some of the skills. It looks much neater and natural. Dd doesn't usually have problems with her turns but she does sometimes with landing leaps and being able to immediately go into another skill or dance step would help hide it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back