Parents Sorry have to vent my rant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
Sorry have to vent my anger

Just found out that my dd's coach has cancelled the next two training sessions which means that she has no practice sessions before regionals. Really not happy about it. She needs all the practice she can get.

Why would she do such a thing? I assume its because she will be at regionals on Friday and Saturday with other groups and is not available to coach. These regionals are going to be quite busy, so busy they had to move some of the groups to another competition to accommodate them.

am i to assume that these regionals are not in the USA? our regionals have all been completed.

No that is not that case, I could understand that. This place my dd is at is extremely unprofessional. I am an ex professional in another sport, and you would never do that. I do understand that my dd is young but this is the age you teach them professionalism. I don't think the coach is keen on coaching. I go in to pick my dd up all I see the coach doing is constantly watching the clock. The girls are finished training normally by the time I get in so that is normally half hr just sitting on the floor while the coach is talking to everybody else. Not happy with the whole situation

That's very poor behaviour from the coach. Have you spoken to the club? Do they not have a junior coach who could supervise the girls so they can run routines to at least feel confident? I know staffing is an issue in our club around competitions, most of us get organised and have someone look after our gymnasts. We do have a coach who will cancel her classes because she is too lazy to organise cover even when she knows in advance she can't be there.

That coach is the jnr coach, all the snr coaches are away as well because they compete a day earlier. It is so annoying, I really want to take her out of the club, have just lost it with them I have been hanging on hoping things would change for about a 6 months now but it doesn't seem to be the case. Also I have rung up but nobody has replied to me.

It sounds like alarm bells are ringing in all directions, time to look for a new club. Clubs vary greatly in their standard in Aus. If you would like some more information on the clubs in your area and which ones are worth looking in to PM me.

Could you speak to the senior coach about bringing her in for an hour or so just to run through her routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back