WAG State Champion Lists

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our state isn't listed. What a bummer! That would've made a fun addition to my DD's mementos. Very cool for those that are there.

sorry! i saw many states & assumed. why would some be listed but not others? :-( lame...

My dd has a t-shirt with the list printed on the back of it. Pretty cool keepsake.
Yes, we received those last spring. Quite a racket out there selling state title memorabilia, that's why I liked this free, printable list. ;-)

Yes, definitely a racket! But DD still wears her overpriced level 6 state champion shirt (ah, back in the day when she was beam queen rather than terrified of it!), and it's likely the only one she'll ever earn, so what the heck? Last year the girl she drew to be her "secret santa" recipient had been state champ on bars the previous season, so when the order form for state champion stuff came out, I thought, "Oh, maybe we can get her something from there." Nope. Nothing even close to the $20 price range.

What does the Stars and Stripes thing mean? I see some girls on the list from our gym. :)

Yes, definitely a racket! But DD still wears her overpriced level 6 state champion shirt (ah, back in the day when she was beam queen rather than terrified of it!), and it's likely the only one she'll ever earn, so what the heck? Last year the girl she drew to be her "secret santa" recipient had been state champ on bars the previous season, so when the order form for state champion stuff came out, I thought, "Oh, maybe we can get her something from there." Nope. Nothing even close to the $20 price range.
I'm leaning toward a WAY overpriced state champion Ozone leo being offered right now for that very reason. When will this ever happen again? ;-)

Yes, definitely a racket! But DD still wears her overpriced level 6 state champion shirt (ah, back in the day when she was beam queen rather than terrified of it!), and it's likely the only one she'll ever earn, so what the heck? .

My DD sounds just like yours Mary A. Back-to back state beam champ (level 5 & 6) but now scared of tumbling skills on beam.

I would love to get one of these over-priced shirts or even the printout. Oh well. I did give her some framed pictures (poster size) of her state champ banners that are hanging in the gym. I guess that will have to do.

I did give her some framed pictures (poster size) of her state champ banners that are hanging in the gym. I guess that will have to do.

The gym gets a banner or is this just certain states/clubs?

The gym purchases banners that they hang on the walls to commemorate state champs. They list the athlete's name, the event(s) won, level and year. They also buy them for regional & national winners. They are really cool, but they belong to the gym and usually stay there even if the gymnast leaves or retires. All the gyms around here have them, so I assumed that most gyms in other areas did it too. But maybe not.

LOL, at my kids' gym, state and regional champs on events/AA are memorialized for the year on a big sheet of butcher paper on which the office manager writes their names in magic marker. Same thing for national champs, but the piece of butcher paper has been hanging in the back of the gym for several years and just gets rewritten every so often as necessary.

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain about no t-shirt since she does get recognized in her gym on something more than butcher paper. Here is what our banners look like. They are actually quite large (maybe 3 ft X 2 ft), but my picture was probably taken on a cell phone.

banner.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back