State Stream level 8 and 9

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
So, I posted before that my coach wants me to do level 8 or 9 state stream and I tried to have a look at the skills I need but as it is fully optional and you choose all the skills it was a little tricky I was just wondering what a typical level 8 and 9 state stream (NSW) routine would consist of - Don't worry about bars as I do not compete them. I don't know if any of you can help maybe Aussie Coach can?

I can't tell you what would be typical/competitive in your state but here is an example of a routine to meet requirements on beam. You could look at past comp results to see how the D scores compare. If this makes sense I will post floor. If I knew what skills you can do or are working can help to make it more relevant as well.

Vault
Handspring 2.4
Handspring 1/1 3.2
Tuck Tsukahara 4.0

Beam Level 8 (7 skills counted for difficulty value 'DV')
V hold mount (B)
Full turn on one foot (A)
Split jump, Wolf jump (A,A)
Round off or Flip (B)
Split change leap (C)
Front layout dismount (B)

DV Dance AAAC Acro BBB
DV: 1.2
Connections(CV): 0.0
Core requirements 2.5 (all met and B dismount is .5)

If you did back walkover, flip you would receive at least .4 and probably .8 in CV (not 100% clear)

D score 3.7
D score (with walkover,flip) 4.1/4.5

As a level 9 you need an extra skill, plus an acro series, the routine above with the walkover flip would achieve both those requirements. Without the series you would lose .5 from your score and the CV mentioned above. If you only have an A value dismount (front tuck/back anything without twist) you can take .2 off the above D scores.

What a legend you are! Skills i am working on are split change on beam, flic on beam (have it on middle beam with mat), Vault at the moment handspring only but will start working tsuks after comp season, on floor I am working on round off flic full twist, handspring front, front sault step out

Also in the beam above can the split jump be swapped for a split leap?

We don't have a state stream in my state, you can only compete national and international stream. But looking at the requirements I would think you could look at the following.

Vault - lots of handsprings, 1/2 on 1/2 off, handspring full the most common.

Beam - a full turn on on foot, either a flic or a round off, a split jump-wolf jump series, a back walkover, A front tuck or front layout dismount.

Floor - Front Salto step out to round off flic back Salto, a back layout half twist or a front layout half twist, Split leap-side leap or change leg leap to side leap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back