WAG States today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are ready. My girls are doing their best routines of the season. I'm really proud of them for their hard work and great year and told them that I will be proud of them no matter what happens. But... Our level 6 team placed first yesterday. They are a group of girls who competed either level 6 or 7 last year and the coaches have dumbed down their routines. For example, girls who were competing a BHS and a walkover-walkover on beam last year are now doing just a single walkover. I'm feeling so much pressure for us to win. My boss said, "no pressure but we know you can do it!" They've had a great year and it's certainly possible but we have some tough competition. Normally I would be so happy with top 3 or even top 5 but now I feel like it's not good enough. Luckily I don't think the girls feel the same way. However, my boss is coming to watch and I know my girls are scared of her so I'm hoping that doesn't make them more nervous. Anyway, we'll just go out and do our best and let it fall where it will but I guess I'm just needing to get it all out. Thanks for reading!

Good luck! Try not to stress and just let the girls do what you (and they) know they can do. I hope it all goes well!

That was a very long but very good day. We ended in 3rd, my boss gave me a hug and all is well. Many top 5 finishes including one AA state champ, one beam, two bars and two floor. They absolutely put out their best performances and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
My one with slj knee did great. A huge vault, a first place on floor and she is reporting no pain!
Now on to training for next year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back