WAG Still confused about L6 bars (CHS)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh don't get me wrong! We are thrilled with an 8.8 for her very first L6 meet! honestly, if these scores counted, she would qualify for States based on our minimum 36.
She and I just really like to know, step by step, what she was deducted on. We could ask HC, but rather than make her try and remember, or make her watch my video, I thought it would be easier to get info here. And it worked!
With wandrewsjr's itemized of 1.1 deductions, pretty sure he/she nailed exactly what DD was dinged on.

DD's goal every level is to get all 9s at one meet. She's hoping to be able to do it this year early in the season, rather than later ;)

Reactions: sce
No..you do not get a lower start value for not having handstand...but a cast to horizontal is a requirement. Your first cast also has to be above horizontal (you get big deductions if its not!!!) and you're free hip has to be to a minimum of horizontal as well.

How did she do on the b...e...a...?
She attempted her scary skills (full turn and cartwheel) and
SHE STAYED ON!!!!
She had hesitation, some rocking back and forth before each, a wobble landing the cartwheel, but stayed on!
She scored an 8.9 :) It's great for what she's been going through. (comparatively, she was scoring 8.9s in L4 with falls, but she doesn't care - she's thrilled that she stayed on and conquered at least those fears for right now.)

Nice routine!!! and KUDOS to you for posting it!! You should be very proud of her first routine.
Our first meet in in a month!
PS Thanks for the post, I am trying to learn where the deductions are this year.....

Nice routine!!! and KUDOS to you for posting it!! You should be very proud of her first routine.
Our first meet in in a month!
PS Thanks for the post, I am trying to learn where the deductions are this year.....
I figured just putting it out there would be the best way to get feedback (I made sure there weren't any telltale signs of the gym :) )
I learned a lot just from this post! Maybe by the end of the season I'll really understand it all ;)

She attempted her scary skills (full turn and cartwheel) and
SHE STAYED ON!!!!
She had hesitation, some rocking back and forth before each, a wobble landing the cartwheel, but stayed on!
She scored an 8.9 :) It's great for what she's been going through. (comparatively, she was scoring 8.9s in L4 with falls, but she doesn't care - she's thrilled that she stayed on and conquered at least those fears for right now.)
AWESOME!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back