Parents Sweaty palms and not allowed chalk?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is your gymnast allowed to use chalk??

• yes

• no

• sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
We had an issue at our gym with girls chatting around the chalk bowl. However, after a few rope climbs for talking, it has significantly declined. :) It's amazing what a little discipline can do. Using chalk is a safety issue to me, so I can't imagine not allowing it.

I know I don't want to be the guy going to court trying to explain why I wouldn't let the poor little dead gymnast use chalk on bars!! ;0 Also, if my older girls see a younger girl not using chalk (because sweaty hands strip the bars of chalk), they would take care of that in a heartbeat! ;) Some crazy folks out there for sure......... Good luck (and I do mean 'good luck'. She'll need it with no chalk on bars!)

You can always buy your own, and she can keep in in her grip bag....but that might set a weird precedent in the gym.

My daughter bathes in chalk, I'm sure! When I pick her up, it's all over her legs etc! They obsessively chalk up btwn turns. I'd say find a new gym if they dont' let anyone use chalk!!

Recently my 7 y/o daughter's level 3 bar coach began telling the girls they are not allowed to use chalk on bars - whether at practice OR competition (they also are not allowed grips) -- this has become an issue because she gets sweaty palms (especially at meets, and has missed a skill because her hands slipped. I saw her frantically trying to dry her hands off on her competition leo seconds before her turn at a meet last weekend. Her coach is not big on explaining things - to the kids or the parents - but am I missing something?? Is there an issue with using chalk that I am unaware of? I don't want to rock the boat with him - but this is a problem.

there is not an issue with the chalk. THERE IS an issue with stoooooooooooopid coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back