Gymnasts Switching from Xcel to JO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym4lils

Gymnast
Hello, I am a Xcel gold gymnast right now looking to be a Level 6. I have all the skills, besides for 2 which I am working on. I want to be a college gymnast eventually, but I’m afraid that Xcel won’t get me there, at least not as easily. The only thing I’m afraid of is missing my teammates and old gym as I am a shy person so it’s hard for me to adjust and make new friends. I’d have to move to a new gym because my gym doesn’t allow switch from Xcel to JO. So, what do you think is the best approach?

HI! i'm an Xcel silver gymnast and kind of in the same boat as you, I plan to get to be a level 5 or 6 by next year so I can kind of relate. From my knowledge of college gymnastics Some colleges except level 9's if you specialize in one event that they really need, and some Xcel sapphire too if your really good at an event they need, I would say think about the years you have left before you hit senior year in high school if you have little years left maybe try to get as far as level 9 and specialize in one event or stay in Xcel. JO has stricter requirements and rules so if you prefer to have a less strict schedule stay in Xcel. Also D3 is an option. About the friends rule I suggest you go for it I'm also an extremely shy person but I notice if I just go for it then it becomes easier, and the one friend you make can have several other friends in which you start talking to you never now, but if it is an extreme problem i'd suggest you'd become an extremely strong Xcel sapphire. I hoped this helped, you know gymnast to gymnast :)

what do you think is the best approach?
If your goal is collegiate gymnastics then you need to be enrolled in a gym that produces collegiate gymnasts consistently with a track record that collegiate coaches trust. They will have a program and a method that will get you noticed and the colleges will find you. You most likely will have to try out at these gyms, accepting you on their college track team is not automatic.

If a gym like that is not available in your area than you will have to have some very serious conversations with your parents about investing into gymnastics full time. There are many other ways to continue with gymnastics if you are not on a team like club gymnastics, T&T, or coaching.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back