Parents Taking a tumbling/trampoline only class

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone have experience at the rec levels of taking a tumbling/trampoline class in addition to regular gymnastics, in an effort to get better at floor (and because your kid likes it)?

A few of the kids at our gym either do tumbling or trampoline as well or changed from tumbling to WAG. They are usually the kids that end up doing really well.on floor.

It’s going to depend on your gyms policies too. Most would not allow a team kid to take a trampoline and tumbling class outside their own gym. Some won’t allow it even in their own gym.

It’s going to depend on your gyms policies too. Most would not allow a team kid to take a trampoline and tumbling class outside their own gym. Some won’t allow it even in their own gym.
Yes, current gym basically said tumbling is for those who want to go into cheerleading and my daughter just wants to learn to "do flips"

Wow, ours is quite different then. Most of our tumbling team is on the WAG team too. Not the boys obviously, and we don't have a MAG team. But the coaches seem to encourage it. They get some of the WAGs to do rhythmic as well.
One of the girls last year got state champion in WAG, tumbling and rhythmic for their levels. They are less enthusiastic about trampoline but there are a couple doing that and WAG as well.
Some of the WAGs do cheerleading elsewhere. Just like some of them do other sports.

I'm contemplating the same but likely will get my girl some privates in tumbling. I think she just needs a tiny bit of tweaking not a whole lot of improvement required.

My son who's on a trampoline team did a couple of privates at a cheer/tumbling gymjust to jumpstart him as he was "stuck" for many months with little improvement on tumbling at his gym. He seems to be progressing again now and we haven't needed privates. But maybe this summer if we find time I'll put him in some again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back