Team Leotards...Who Chooses Them?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This last time, for leos the owner & team coaches made a few choices, then the parents/gymnasts got to vote on I think 4. For sweats, the owner chose with the input of the coaches.

What we got looks GOOD.

Design options researched and presented to owner/hc who has final design approval on all competition apparel.

Just curious, what kind of drama could there be around team leos?....

i'll make an educated guess...a couple moms want one...a couple moms want another...and couple moms want neither.

Our gym usually lets us have the freedom to pick leos, both Gymnastics and T&T. Because we are in them all day, we prefer to have something comfortable, so we usually get something pretty, but comfortable and affordable. We don't really have drama over it, usually everyone likes it. We pick top 3 from our votes, and the coaches pick their favorite. :)

the head and only boss...my wife!:)
Lol. At my DD's gym it was the HC/owner. She picked the design, colors etc. However she would have the girls suggest things and look at pics. I don't think her husband (other HC) had much say but that is just a guess lol

i'll make an educated guess...a couple moms want one...a couple moms want another...and couple moms want neither.

And it costs too much, and Gk fits differently than Motionwear and the colors run and the little gymmies can't wear black and white gets ruined too quickly and the neckline is too low/high and mesh is itchy and I could go on and on with the complaints I've heard

Our gym has 3 colors basically and we use variations of it. red, Black and silver. The HC is a man!! Sorry Dunno but he is incapable of choosing anything leo related. So the Girls team rep usually does the ground work and give the female coaches (not head coaches BTW) a choice.

However the biggest drama is usually the price we try to keep it under $125 which is getting harder to do!

One of the team moms does it. I don't think there is much input from others really. I would assume the coaches approve but it is pretty much this is it, deal with it. We have drama over it every other year. Usually over the price and do we really need to change colors AGAIN! Right now we have beautiful leos, fushia, black and white with lost of sparkle. Costs a pretty penny though, $225! I just hope mine still fits in her's this year, she decided to grow about three inches!

Head coach! She just designed the new one--we'll find out later in the summer what they look like.

Costs a pretty penny though, $225! I just hope mine still fits in her's this year, she decided to grow about three inches!

Ouch ouch ouch!!! I might be buying Bella's first comp leo this fall but I don't think ours tend to be that expensive. Or maybe that's just hopeful thinking.......

At my old gym we were always black and green (the rec district colors we were in) and our booster team chose the designs. They switched every two years and the Compulsory team girls got the previous Optional leos to save money.

At my niece's new gym it seems like the HC does, but I'm still getting to know the ropes!

Design options researched and presented to owner/hc who has final design approval on all competition apparel.

Just curious, what kind of drama could there be around team leos?....

Oh god there is drama issues that can arise from just about anything in kid sports not just gymnastics.

Lets see, to expensive, don't like the color, don't like the sparkles, don't like the fabric, want velvet don't want velvet, the list could go on and on and on

I think the biggest was a parent revold when they wanted to get warm up suites for the boys team. The boys already had a jacket they wore with the leggings they use for pommal and the warm up is only worn for the march in. When the parents hear that it was going to be $300 for a warm up suite that the boys would only wear for about 1 min at each meet the drama and revolt started.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back