Parents Team too big?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tgpgjg

Proud Parent
How big is too big for a Level four/old five team? I am concerned that our level four team will be too large to get the individual attention each student deserves.

Last year there were 16 with 2-3 coaches. As of right now, it's looking like it may be 23 girls with the same amount of coaches.

I'm curious about this too. Our gym has a 14 gymnast per coach schedule at this level this summer. Last year, it was closer to 5 gymnasts per coach.

For me 8 kids per coach is normal and fine. I have seen a great coach manage 11 kids competing three different levels. But I have have seen a coach struggle with five kids.

I guess it depends on the ability of the coaches in question.

My gym aims for 10 per coach, sometimes there is a little more sometimes a little less. If there is more than 12, they will get a second coach or assistant coach

Sounds like good numbers to me.

The gym I was at last week has 100 competitive gymnasts and another 80 in the less competitive program.

I think they said next year they might have 30 L4 or L3's. That might be both programs or just the more competitive track. Coach ratio is pretty good but obviously there are a lot of kids in this program. So ideally they like to have 2 coaches on bars always, maybe 3.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back