WAG Tell me about your trainig (hours, level etc)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

catie

I am from Europe and I am sooo curious about other countrie's gymnasts.

So I would love to know how many

* pull-ups
* dips
* Leg Lifts
* 90degree Leg Lifts
* L-Sit (in seconds)
*press handstands in a row
*standing pike presses (if any, those are hard!)

can you or your DD do and which Level?

If it is not too private, I would be happy if you would tell me age and training hours as well!

Thank you :)

I am 16 years old, competed Canadian Provincial Program (CPP) 3 and training CPP 4. I train between 12-16 hours a week, depending on when the gym can squeeze me in. Been doing gym for around five years.

Pull ups (hands inward)- 20
Chin ups (hands outward)- 25
Dips (from cross support on pbars to 90* angle)- 20
Leg lifts- 40, but I think it's time to try more
Leg lifts from 90*- 35
L-sit- 30 seconds but haven't done it in awhile
Press handstands in a row- 1 1/2 :p
Pike presses- 1, just tried it for the first time but had to handstand walk a bit

We don't train these exercises at my gym very often and some we do not train at all. I do what I can on my own time but don't want to exhaust the muscles on top of the conditioning we do already!

I'm 16 years old, training level 9 USA gymnast. I'm not sure how many of each I could do, but I do know that it's probably close or the same as the comment above

I'm 15, level 9, and since its summer, I go to gym 28 hours a week
- we usually do 30 pull ups front grip, which is pretty tough and another 30 with hands facing you.
- 50 leg lifts
- 20 90 degree leg lifts
- we don't condition press hs very often, but we do 5 in a row during warm ups which isn't terribly hard at all
- we don't really do dips, L sits or pike presses, so I don't know

DD is 12, also started training at 12, and just finished xcel bronze (6 hrs week). Currently training an off mix of levels 3-5 (10 hrs week).

DD can:

* pull-ups- 15-20 dead hang
* dips- 50
* Leg Lifts- 10, feet to the bars
* 90degree Leg Lifts- 18
* L-Sit (in seconds)- 3 min
*press handstands in a row- 3
*standing pike presses (if any, those are hard!)- 0

I am 16 years old, competed Canadian Provincial Program (CPP) 3 and training CPP 4. I train between 12-16 hours a week, depending on when the gym can squeeze me in. Been doing gym for around five years.

Pull ups (hands inward)- 20
Chin ups (hands outward)- 25
Dips (from cross support on pbars to 90* angle)- 20
Leg lifts- 40, but I think it's time to try more
Leg lifts from 90*- 35
L-sit- 30 seconds but haven't done it in awhile
Press handstands in a row- 1 1/2 :p
Pike presses- 1, just tried it for the first time but had to handstand walk a bit

We don't train these exercises at my gym very often and some we do not train at all. I do what I can on my own time but don't want to exhaust the muscles on top of the conditioning we do already!

Thanks a lot for your answer! seems like your abs must be hard as rock!!!!

Can you do front or back lever or tuck planches?!

Thanks a lot for your answer! seems like your abs must be hard as rock!!!!

Can you do front or back lever or tuck planches?!
I have never heard of back or front lever! However, if I concentrate really hard I can hold a tuck planche for about 5-8 seconds and a straddled one for around 3-5 seconds also. We have never worked on them in the gym, I just like strength training!

14 years old, training level 7 and we only train 8 houres a week, and in summer not at all. The conditioning changes every week

16 years old, currently competing both national grades and uk level 3. Train 15 hours a week for artistic gymnastics and 4 hours a week for rhythmic gymnastics. :p and I've been doing gym for nearly 14.5 years

Not sure on pull ups, never really try to do loads, just the 30 we do in bar conditioning. Leg lifts are probably around 30 if you mean full hanging lifts. Press handstands are 9 really trying to get to 10 now because 9 is irritating me. And pike presses is probably 3 because I really struggle with these due to how long my legs are. :D

I am from Europe and I am sooo curious about other countrie's gymnasts.

So I would love to know how many

* pull-ups
* dips
* Leg Lifts
* 90degree Leg Lifts
* L-Sit (in seconds)
*press handstands in a row
*standing pike presses (if any, those are hard!)

can you or your DD do and which Level?

If it is not too private, I would be happy if you would tell me age and training hours as well!

Thank you :)

pull-ups- 30
* dips- 20
* Leg Lifts 15
* 90degree Leg Lifts 15
* L-Sit (in seconds) 15-30 doesn't work this often
*press handstands in a row- 10
*standing pike presses (if any, those are hard!) Hasn't done these as far as she knows.

She's 11 and trains 16 hours a week.

I'm 15, level 9, and since its summer, I go to gym 28 hours a week
- we usually do 30 pull ups front grip, which is pretty tough and another 30 with hands facing you.
- 50 leg lifts
- 20 90 degree leg lifts
- we don't condition press hs very often, but we do 5 in a row during warm ups which isn't terribly hard at all
- we don't really do dips, L sits or pike presses, so I don't know

Is that 30 while swinging and jerking or from DEAD HANGS every time. Just wondering...big difference.

I am 15, level 8 train 16hrs a week

I can:

* pull-ups- 15
* dips-20
* Leg Lifts- 32 in last strength test
* 90degree Leg Lifts- 18
* L-Sit (in seconds)- 3 min
*press handstands in a row- 3
*standing pike presses (if any, those are hard!)- ?

My DD is 10 and is training in the L8/L9 group. At this point it is unknown whether she will compete L7 or L8. She did four meets at L7 last year with only moderate success but has most of the skills for L8. I believe though that she should do a full year at L7 to help with her form.

She is training 20 hours during the summer and this will likely drop down to around 18 once school begins. Last month she was training an additional 4 hours with another training group but has been withdrawn from that so is down to 20 hours.

She says she can do:

20 pull ups
30 dips
5 hanging leg lifts (toes to bar)
15 L leg lifts
20 second L sit
5 press handstands from press straddle

She didn't know how many pike press ups from standing she could do so she tried them. I stopped her at 7 because she didn't seem to be struggling much with them and I didn't want to count anymore.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back