Thanks Amelia Hundley!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Havent seen much discussion of Amelia in the other threads, so think she deserves her own! Heard they didn't show enough of her on the tv broadcast, but so glad she got to show her stuff to the 20,000 fans in San Jose. Such a pleasure watching her finish her elite career by rocking an 8 for 8 performance at trials. Brought tears to my eyes every time she ran to Mary Lee after another hit routine. Her great execution, difficulty and consistency will do so well in college...I see many "10's" in her future! Can't wait to see her rock that DTY in the NCAA!

I agree. She had a solid showing and it was wonderful to see her out there, having fun. Mary Lee seemed to be having fun too. I can't wait to follow her NCAA career.

I was looking for her....didn't show a single routine. NBC absolutely sucks at coverage!!! I totally wanted to watch girls try and avoid the camera while drinking water instead watching girls actually compete. I was so annoyed that 50% of the girls were not shown at all! Not one routine, not even a part of a routine. How sad...they earned the right to be there and were not even mentioned! NBC could've at least panned to other routines while waiting for their next star to be up. Seriously disappointed in the coverage

Why do you think Amelia does not get the focus she deserves? Not even a mention of her possibly making the mix.......I guess it's her D scores?

Why do you think Amelia does not get the focus she deserves? Not even a mention of her possibly making the mix.......I guess it's her D scores?

I'm not sure about "attention she deserves". She finished 9th while going 8 for 8 so she clearly wasn't going to make the team. But I'd bet she knew this going in. She is a beautiful girl and gymnast who clearly loves what she does and will have an amazing NCAA career. I agree about the NBC coverage. There were only 14 girls with 2 days of competition it would seem they could find a way to show one of each routine.

Very solid on all events but no high scoring possibility on any. Really had to have mid 15 scoring possibility on at least one event to be in the mix. If she had just one event like that to go with her other solid 3 events she would have been in the discussion.

We came home last night to watch the recorded broadcast expecting to see all the girls' faces (we were high up) and see stuff we might not have seen AT the Trials.
Halfway into it, I realized that we were only seeing a few girls... Quite a letdown for anyone who watched from home, hoping to see everyone.

I have loved Amelia since she was a tiny junior. She's never been in contention for the huge teams, but she keeps plugging along because she clearly just LOVES what she's doing. It's not for media attention, status, a long resume of prestigious international meets- but because she simply loves challenging herself and being an elite gymnast. And she really is a solid athlete on all 4 events, unfortunately solid lead-off type athletes aren't really in high demand anymore. I was really hoping she could snag an alternate spot, because while her scores aren't massive, she really could step in anywhere and deliver a mid-14 score. And that's pretty good if a team finds themselves in a dire injury situation.
She also just seems like a really sweet, down to earth kid with a great head on her shoulders. Can't wait to see what she does at Florida!

Yes I can see why NBC would zoom in on Douglas' former coach Kittia texting in the stands 6 times or even Douglas getting multiple gulps of water versus covering and showing actual gymnasts , who may not be in contention but still worked there butts off, like Hundley.....yeah, that's why I tuned in:rolleyes:

I attended both of Mary Lee Tracy's presentations at National Congress and both times she had some positives to say regarding Amelia. Very inspiring and very positive message. I can extract and post excerpts if anyone is interested.

I'll add that if we lived closer Mary Lee would be my daughters coach. We were very close to an extreme long distance overnight commute just to train with her. Though I'm sure Amelia is naturally an amazing kid she is also a reflection of Mary Lee. They seem like great people!

Reactions: sce
I'll add that if we lived closer Mary Lee would be my daughters coach. We were very close to an extreme long distance overnight commute just to train with her. Though I'm sure Amelia is naturally an amazing kid she is also a reflection of Mary Lee. They seem like great people!
I think the world of Mary Lee. My OG actually did a one day camp at CGA way back in the summer of 2010. We saw Mary Lee while we were waiting to start and she was very nice… AND, Amelia was actually practicing during the camp. I thought she was great back then (L10). :) I was hoping to see her routines @ P&G and didn't… so I hoped we would @ Trials with less girls there. So sad we didn't.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back