The Judging Test

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momo

Sorry everyone, I posted this earlier in the 'Gymnast' forum on accident.

Alright, I'm studying to take the level 5/6 judging test in a little over a month. I've made some flash cards and all that good stuff. Didn't know if any of you had some advice of better ways to study or anything that may help.

Thanks!
:)

Just in case you don't know how the test is set-up, I think sometimes that makes studying easier.

It is a 50 multiple choice test that is divided into 5 sections of 10 questions. (Or at least it was last time I took it!) One section for each event and one section on "general".

In the general section it is always a good idea to know the chief judge deductions: failure to remove boards/mats, coaching, excessive chalk, failure to salute, beginning a routine prior to the chief judges signal, etc.

There will be a few questions that say things like "If a gymnast has bent legs, bent arms and two steps on her landing what is the maximum deduction that can be applied?" (Obviously a random very made up question.) But, a lot of the questions will be multiple deductions that you just have to add up the maximum.

Additionally, I had mentioned before, there will be questions on beam, fx & ub about the order of elements. "Which of the following is the correct order of skills in the L6 beam routine?" Then it will have like 4 skills in different orders and you have to pick the right one.

Good luck! Don't stress about the test, I think you only have to get a 70% to pass, so if you know the major deductions, the chief judge deductions and the routine order you will be fine. Be sure to let us know how you do!!

ok. That does help knowing how it's set up.
I just found a practice test and printed it out. Looks like there's a lot of those multiple deduction and routine order questions... I'll try not to stress, too much. ahaha.

Thanks again for all your help! :)

I have one more quick question. Does anyone know if the test is computerized or just the standard pencil-paper deal?

It's paper and pencil, scantron sheet. They will give you a piece of scrap paper that you can write some stuff on (a lot of people practice their scrap paper ahead of time). Usually they provide pencils as well...but I always bring my own just in case:)

Just got some exciting news today, I passed!
Again thanks for the help and filling me in on all the stuff. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back