WAG THEY GOT IT! THE KIP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
Yesterday was THAT day. Three of my little 8 year old gymnasts got their kips within 15 minutes. They were the first ones to get it. Almost all the girls (there's 12 total) are close too.

I was so freaking happy! This is the first group I have taught the kip from the very beginning and it feels so good to notice I have done something right with them (spotted a million drop kips LOL)

There is a little clip of the first girl

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bivk3b7952gi7w/kippi.mp4

Congrats. The effort and practice behind the kip frequently goes unrecognized. Cheers for the effort and the result! Timing, strength, and technique make this a difficult coached skill to newer athletes. Dynamite!

As a judge you share my view that a perfect skill, any level i,s a pleasure to see and applaud. A great kip - cheers!

I have provided coffee gift cards to our staff when their rotations of "new kippers" have been successful. Sounds like you may be ready for a gift card!

Tipping my coffee cup in your direction, SBG -

That's awesome! As a mom to a little girl who is currently working on her kip, it is neat to hear from the other side about the success. :)

That's awesome! I still remember the day I got my kip. It was over 10 years ago and I still remember I was wearing a purple gk leo. After that I would wear a purple leo whenever I was really close to getting a new skill!

That's funny because one of the girls who got the kip has been wearing a purple leo this year a lot. She has two big sisters and they both wore that old leo when they got their kips years back and the youngest kid wanted to wear it too when she'll got her first one. Yesterday she WASN'T wearing a leo at all because she has painful eczema in her back and a leo bothers her. But after all she got it without the magic of the good-luck leo ;)

I also remember my first kip... One of the oldest gymnast told me that the day I would get my kip, she would buy me a chocolate bar. She really bought me a chocolate bar. I think it's great when older gymnasts cheer the younger ones.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back