Throwing a full at level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone.. I have a question about level 7 floor. If you throw a full do you still have to throw a layout at some point in the routine? Thanks in advance! :)

This sucks! i have a full, and dont want to have to pull a layout and a full.. but i can't move up because of other events.. I think that the code should just change to a layout (twisting or not)!

From a requirement standpoint, IMO, if you don't want to do a layout along with a full, then you shouldn't be doing your full. What's the point of doing the full, as it's not required, unless you can do it well enough to impress the judges?

I can see why you don't want to do both but I think you should aim to add the full if you can. It is very discouraging to have nice skills you can't compete because of the level. It is all about having fun and showing the skills you have. What skills are you waiting for on the other pieces to move up? At least you will be rocking floor by then and will have one less piece to worry about.

short answer... yes. And I'd be carefull about doing the full... if it's not perfect, it's just another opportunity to get more deductions. I saw plenty of first year L7's throwing fulls this past year, and receiving huge deductions. At Level 7, if it's not required, don't do it!

At level 7 , keep it clean and simple so there's no opportunity to deduct. If you don't nail your full every time, leave it out...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back