Parents Tiger paws vs. Golden hands for tiny hands?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

juststartingout

Proud Parent
Does anyone have a preference? I'm worried about them feeling too bulky on her. I can get golden hands for a lot less because they offer seconds but I don't want to do that if I'm just going to have to go back and buy tiger paws anyway. She won't be wearing these all the time just when they are doing long hours of floor tumbling and she won't be using them for competition. Also does anyone know of any free shipping codes/ promo codes for either of these?

I can't help with the codes but I can tell you my DD LOVES her golden hands. We bought seconds and I was never able to figure out what made them seconds. She has had hers for 2 years now and they have held up nicely.

The "seconds" are only seconds because the coloring is slightly off of what it should be or it is inconsistent. But hey, if it saves $12.95, I am that much closer to a new leo ;)

My DD is a new level 3 and I got her Tiger Paws when she said her wrists were sore after BHS. I got her XSM, and she uses them, says they help...but they are way too big for her hands. I must look into Golden Hands...

My DD is a new level 3 and I got her Tiger Paws when she said her wrists were sore after BHS. I got her XSM, and she uses them, says they help...but they are way too big for her hands. I must look into Golden Hands...

I've seen some girls in the gym with both and the tiger paws seem bulkier to me. I'm thinking I should get golden hands for now.

I just ordered my DD some of the golden hands seconds. The only thing I noticed was a streak of slightly darker leather that ran across the middle of one. It is on the side that would never show anyway. What a deal! They were like half the price of the tiger paw brand! She likes that they are not so bulky but still give excellent support!

What I like about Golden Hands (other than getting "Seconds" for a fraction of the price) is that the sizes go by wrist circumference. With Tiger Paws, they go by weight. I don't like anything that goes by weight ;) because it is often wrong. Depending on the day, ordering Tiger paws for older gymmie and younger would be size Small for both... but by wrist size, younger is an XS Golden Hands and older is S.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back