Tips to add Muscle?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any suggestions on how to help build muscle? My daughter's thin and long legged training 8. Coaches keep staying "if you could just add 5 lbs of mucle. ." It's not as though she has no mucle-her older sis actually keeps photo of her lil sis' "abs of steel" in her phone. I think she just genetically has a different shape and maybe you need more mucle to control those long legs. Any one have suggestion on adding a little mucle? Do protein drinks immediately after work out actually help? She does extra conditioning at home - should she lift weights?Thanks.

I am not a nutritionist, so I think you might want to check with a professional. But I have spent many years in the gym weight training and was a certified aerobics and spinning instructor. I always understood that to build muscle you need to increase your protein intake and weight train. That being said, genetics plays a huge role.

My DD is the opposite, not very tall and more stocky. I keep wishing she was like 2-3 inches taller so she could get those long lines!!

I really gotta wonder why her coaches are saying that. Put 2.5 pound ankle weights on a kid and have them swing giants in a strap bar, it changes their form dramatically. Shoot, even 1 pound on both ankles. Sure she may gain muscle, but no gain comes without cost in another area. Instead of wishing for something she doesn't have, they should work with what she's got. Keep in mind also, that there are some VERY strong girls that are competitive who don't outwardly look ripped.

If she's doing her conditioning faithfully and eating well, I wouldn't go out of the way to add muscle for the sake of adding muscle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back